Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Messi's dad admits that his son is now considering staying put this year and leaving on a free next season.

I think that's a bad situation for Barcelona, they really should try to get a substantial fee.

A year is a long time. If he stays for the year I think there's a pretty small chance he leaves at all. Presidential elections next year too right?

He can sign a deal with anybody in just 4 months. I don't think he'd stay past next season.

Anyway, if this is his last season I hope they stick a filmmaking crew on him and release a documentary in 20 years. Last time a GOAT did it it worked a charm.

Messi's dad admits that his son is now considering staying put this year and leaving on a free next season.

I think that's a bad situation for Barcelona, they really should try to get a substantial fee.

A year is a long time. If he stays for the year I think there's a pretty small chance he leaves at all. Presidential elections next year too right?

He can sign a deal with anybody in just 4 months. I don't think he'd stay past next season.

Anyway, if this is his last season I hope they stick a filmmaking crew on him and release a documentary in 20 years. Last time a GOAT did it it worked a charm.

Covid depending I really need to get over to a Barca game this season if he stays

Dunno if I read to much into it but they used a backdrop of what could have been our stadium when talking about two Pl clubs trying to sign a player and one club had an in-depth plan for him whereas the other didn’t or however it was put. Screams of Bruce and Charnley.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54024393

Barcelona forward Luis Suarez has agreed to join Juventus, reports BBC Radio 5 Live's Guillem Balague.

Suarez will move to Serie A on a free transfer - or perhaps a nominal fee - if he can negotiate his release from the Spanish giants.

The Uruguayan has a year to run on a contract he signed in 2016 but if he played 60% of games during 2020-21 it would be extended for another year.

Suarez would be happy to be paid off with one season's wages.

Italian media reported on Friday that he would also need to pass a citizenship test to play in Italy - he has a Uruguayan passport and played in Spain thanks to his wife's Italian passport, enough to be considered European in La Liga.

The 33-year-old's move has no bearing on the future of his friend Lionel Messi.

Suarez and Messi - along with their families - are close but Messi's decision over whether to stay or remain at the Nou Camp will not be affected by his team-mate's move.

Suarez's switch to Turin will see him line up along Messi's great rival Cristiano Ronaldo.

Suarez joined Barcelona from Liverpool for £74m in 2014 and has scored 198 goals in 283 appearances.

After moving from Anfield to Barcelona, he enjoyed huge levels of success, forming part of a devastating front three, alongside Messi and Brazil star Neymar.

The trio led Barca to a league, cup and Champions League treble in 2014-15 and the club would also win three more league titles, another three Copa del Rey trophies, two Spanish Super Cups, the Uefa Super Cup and Club World Cup during Suarez's time there.

But he and Messi have been unable to inspire Barca to another Champions League success, meaning it is five years since they won Europe's premier club competition.

They finished last season without a trophy after being beaten to the title by fierce rivals Real Madrid.

Barcelona forward Luis Suarez has agreed to join Juventus, reports BBC Radio 5 Live's Guillem Balague.

Suarez will move to Serie A on a free transfer - or perhaps a nominal fee - if he can negotiate his release from the Spanish giants.

The Uruguayan has a year to run on a contract he signed in 2016 but if he played 60% of games during 2020-21 it would be extended for another year.

Italian media reported on Friday that he would also need to pass a citizenship test to play in Italy - he has a Uruguayan passport and played in Spain thanks to his wife's Italian passport, enough to be considered European in La Liga.

Suarez and Messi - along with their families - are close but Messi's decision over whether to stay or remain at the Nou Camp will not be affected by his team-mate's move.

Suarez's switch to Turin will see him line up along Messi's great rival Cristiano Ronaldo.

Suarez joined Barcelona from Liverpool for £74m in 2014 and has scored 198 goals in 283 appearances.

After moving from Anfield to Barcelona, he enjoyed huge levels of success, forming part of a devastating front three, alongside Messi and Brazil star Neymar.

The trio led Barca to a league, cup and Champions League treble in 2014-15 and the club would also win three more league titles, another three Copa del Rey trophies, two Spanish Super Cups, the Uefa Super Cup and Club World Cup during Suarez's time there.

But he and Messi have been unable to inspire Barca to another Champions League success, meaning it is five years since they won Europe's premier club competition.

They finished last season without a trophy after being beaten to the title by fierce rivals Real Madrid.

Him and Chiellini patched things up? :lol:

Him and Chiellini patched things up? :lol:

If not I think Juve may have bitten off more then that can chew. :iamatwat:

Guest Cheesy Beans

Apparently I now want us to sign Wilson given Villa look in pole position to sign him.

That immediately prices us out then. A deal involving real money.