Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest HTT II

I’ll make a wild guess and say AC Milan…

Pogba has everything to his game, but is lazy, self indulgent, unprofessional and isn’t in love with playing football like he should be. He’s won it all and is wealthy and has no desire other than to earn more money and still be at a glamour club for his Insta and sponsorship deals. I wouldn’t touch him even on a free!

23 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Don’t think Man U could make a better signing than Rice to be honest. They need his character more than anything

I think Carragher was spot on recently when he advised any player approached by Man Utd to "run a mile". 

No one can see into the future ofcourse but it would be a risk going there when there are so many better options.

Fair enough, I see him as someone who always gives everything, he never stops running. He defends well, he plays well in transition and I think he’s improved a lot in the final third. I’d rather have Bruno as I think he has a higher potential ceiling but I think Rice is class 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I think the total opposite. I hope they do sign him, precisely for the reason he adds nothing to them. I’m not sure why everyone loves him so much. Bruno G is 10 times the player. Joelinton bodied him, and has put in similar performances. It’ll cost them a fortune

I really rate Rice, but he’s a specific type only needed type player like Henderson is for LFC if that makes sense, he stands out for WHU because he’s a good player and they accommodate that type of player, at Man Utd unless they signed a shit load of players around him, he’d be another McTominay. He’s not someone you make the head of a team, you sign him so others can play while he breaks, sits, ticks things along etc. I think he’d be great for Liverpool, an upgrade on Henderson. Here? I think for what he’d cost and his wages, we would get more value out of say Phillips. 

Anyway, the main point I was making was to do with his character. Man U are absolutely desperate for players who are incredibly professional and only want to get better and better. They really need to target the right characters otherwise they’re not going to turn things around 

13 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I think the total opposite. I hope they do sign him, precisely for the reason he adds nothing to them. I’m not sure why everyone loves him so much. Bruno G is 10 times the player. Joelinton bodied him, and has put in similar performances. It’ll cost them a fortune

He’s a 100000x upgrade on McTominay which is the current benchmark mind.

Although for the cost it’d take, they need so many improvements they can’t blow it all on one signing.

Totally changed my mind on Rice tbf. Thought he was a fairly average player 2-3 years ago and questioned what he actually did. Developed a hell of a lot in that time, seems to have a genuine all round game (as opposed to one of those players described as an all rounder but doesn't actually do anything).