Other clubs' transfers

Greg

TAA is class, him and Cancelo are both brilliant full backs.

TAA might be defensively suspect, but with the amount of the ball Liverpool have, he more than offsets it with his ability going forward.

Edited by The Prophet

6 hours ago, The Butcher said:

For overrated.

Got a brilliant right foot, but he's not a good defender.

This has gotta to be because he puts so many crosses in to the box. I think in the future, he’s going to be so incredibly attacking that no one will talk about his defending like Dani Alves. 

saying all that, I’d prefer Reece James at RB for England especially after that goal he scored the other week. 

11 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Do they have the ability to spend that?

No idea but doubt it. Plus the Isak and Raphina prices will be much higher than those shown. Plus there’s NO way they’d be able to afford the wages of all those. Pogba will be wanting 300-400k, Coutinho around 300k I’d guess. Villa have had to had his current wages subsidised by Barca at the current level- they’re only paying around 40% or something. Phillips would undoubtedly want a hefty pay rise if he left Leeds.

This is pure wishful thinking rather than anything realistic. 

On 23/03/2022 at 18:06, The Prophet said:

Ricardo Carvalho, Pablo Zabaleta and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink for the underrated pile.

I don't know if it changes anything but word on the street when I was younger was that Jimmy Floyd banged a girl in the exhaust pipe when Leeds was here in Sweden for some pre-season games in the 90's. 

Don't quote me on that though as it might just be an urban legend 🤷🏻‍♂️

22 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Roy Keane often says that the likes of Rob Lee and David Batty were 'proper' midfielders who were amongst the toughest competitors he ever faced in the PL. He also said that about Tim Sherwood. 

To be fair Sherwood, despite being a total numpty of a pundit, and a useless manager he was a very good defensive midfielder at the time...probably on par with Batty at least 

Edited by gjohnson

24 minutes ago, triggs said:

So does every other team's fans

ish. They generally state their importance in their own lives and area, but villa actually think they are world renowned and an important part of modern day football.

We have the chance to be. Villa think they are already there. Same as everton fans. 

TAA is wicked. I've always thought Liverpool fans over hype or or are at least overly defensive about Firmino, and think Jota has come in and proved it. The same buildup contribution, but 30-40% more shots and twice as many goals. Stats from this season and last.

1539854081_jotafirmino.thumb.png.d9aa42b5c1bbcbe1ae89f761e21904ec.png

I thought we made Declan Rice look very ordinary at their place. At SJP under Bruce we just stood off and watched. As a rule, I think DMs, and especially English DMs soon get hyped.

28 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Please don't tell me the Saudi Adam Pearson is trying to be an ITK now

Well his Twitter bio translated states he's 'an independent journalist specializing in Newcastle United news' and 'Freelancer' but I don't know if that's been the case the whole time. I just thought he was some random when he was trying to hunt the team down in on their first trip to SA.; didn't realise he was already all up in Wraith's podcasts and mates with ol' Keith.

:lol: Just looked again and realised his Twitter banner even has Wraith in it ffs.