Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Chelsea need to worry next season, as with Spurs and Arsenal strengthening, and them now being under new ownership I can see them dropping out the top 4. 

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Liverpool may drop off a touch next season, as a sort of "Transition" year for them, don't think they'll drop out the top 4, but just stop going toe to toe with City.

I think Spurs will challenge Pool next season. 

7 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Don’t go fully defecting! 

:lol:

I won't, but I will be rooting for him big time. He's such a decent guy off the pitch, and was unfortunate at Liverpool that he couldn't get a work permit when he joined them as a youth and so had to get loaned out constantly. He's a handful, classic power and pace type, with decent finishing. Carried Union Berlin into a European spot as their top scorer last year, which was a great achievement. I'm excited for him.

38 minutes ago, 54 said:

Chelsea need to worry next season, as with Spurs and Arsenal strengthening, and them now being under new ownership I can see them dropping out the top 4. 

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Liverpool may drop off a touch next season, as a sort of "Transition" year for them, don't think they'll drop out the top 4, but just stop going toe to toe with City.

Just feels like it’s way too early to be having these discussions. A lot of Arsenal and Spurs’ strengthening is just on paper. Arsenal have already spent all their Champions League money and have only actually got in Marquinhos and Fabio Vieira (while losing Lacazette). Spurs have only signed three players, and one’s a backup keeper, plus they need a significantly bigger squad. Chelsea and Man U are bound to spend some money…surely.

I’d rather wait and see who’s in place for the start of the season. A week ago Arsenal looked like a disaster area. Now some divvy on Arsenal-mania is posting this:

Osimhen in addition to Jesus, Raphinha, Tielemans, Martinez, Fabio Vieira will send us over the edge. I'd make those signings for the meltdown from rival fans alone.

I mean, sure :lol:.

23 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I won't, but I will be rooting for him big time. He's such a decent guy off the pitch, and was unfortunate at Liverpool that he couldn't get a work permit when he joined them as a youth and so had to get loaned out constantly. He's a handful, classic power and pace type, with decent finishing. Carried Union Berlin into a European spot as their top scorer last year, which was a great achievement. I'm excited for him.

Is he the striker you were comparing to Osimhen? 

35 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Well here’s hoping he eventually does well, after a terrible first game obviously! 

1 hour ago, Joey47 said:

Is he the striker you were comparing to Osimhen? 

Similar in the sense of the great physical attributes, yes.

However, he is not as far along in his development, due to the work permit issues at Liverpool when he was younger.

He's got all the tools though, and has a great attitude, proper grafter. Think it's a fantastic coup for a newly promoted side.

Just hope they have a team that can create enough chances for him.

If Jesus is really going to get paid 220k a week by Arsenal, it illustrates how much money we are going to have to be prepared to pay especially on wages to ever compete with the so called top 6. What is the top wage at the club? Maybe a 100k.

Bring on the salary cap and quickly.

Rumour is that we’ve put in a firm bid for Raphinha, but also that you and West Ham have thrown your hat in the ring. Sounds like a proper old-fashioned bidding war. Except he wants to go to Barca :lol:

56 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Rumour is that we’ve put in a firm bid for Raphinha, but also that you and West Ham have thrown your hat in the ring. Sounds like a proper old-fashioned bidding war. Except he wants to go to Barca :lol:

“I want to moonwalk son, but life’s a shithouse”

R.jpg.819555bd8eb5a96225d4ffe689c03ac9.jpg

17 hours ago, Away Toon said:

If Jesus is really going to get paid 220k a week by Arsenal, it illustrates how much money we are going to have to be prepared to pay especially on wages to ever compete with the so called top 6. What is the top wage at the club? Maybe a 100k.

Bring on the salary cap and quickly.

It illustrates how much further along the road clubs like Arsenal are than us more likely. Maybe because they have had access to Europe and better sponsorship deals for so much longer, they don't fall foul of FFP. If we spend a few quid more than what we used to under Ashley we get the Fair Play police battering down the office doors and confiscating the computers.

We haven't launched our commercial vehicle or signed any sponsorship deals yet. When we inevitably do that, and sign ourselves up to x amount of years of x amount of money, we will be in a position to raise our wage budget. Hopefully this coincides with us pushing for European football etc.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

It illustrates how much further along the road clubs like Arsenal are than us more likely. Maybe because they have had access to Europe and better sponsorship deals for so much longer, they don't fall foul of FFP. If we spend a few quid more than what we used to under Ashley we get the Fair Play police battering down the office doors and confiscating the computers.

Speaking of Arsenal wages, I saw this earlier this morning - Arsenal's wage breakdown by player. 

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/5615307/arsenal-wages-fabio-vieira-bukayo-saka-gabriel-jesus/

Saka on 30k :o