Other clubs' transfers

Greg

6 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

He can't finish. The nearest competion he has  is another fast as fuck sprinter who can't finish either. He already plays for Chelsea.

he's scored a lot of goals for someone who can't finish :lol:

I've never seen a player miss so many easy chances apart from Werner. Pep doesn't start him in the big games anymore as he doesn't trust him. He wouldn't get many playing for us, unlike City we don't leave anything on a plate for any of our strikers.

26 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

A goal every 2.5 games. :lol:

He could miss a shitload of chances for me if he was going to score at that rate still.

He is no Andy Cole. (1) Doubt he’ll get anywhere near as many chances in his next team. (2) He continually seems to pause attacking play which may have otherwise produced a shot on goal. Genuinely believe that City will score more without him. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I mean, he’s only 27 and he’s English and brilliant, has to be at least £50m. Could get a solid 5 years out of him still. 

He’s a better player than the bloke that cost them £100m last summer for starters.

I know a lot of people really hate Sterling, but he does score goals in some pretty big games. And while he does miss chances, it's a bit daft to say he can't finish, he's produced some pretty lethal finishes down the years.

Of course he can finish. He had scored lots of goals and some great/important ones. He has also got amazing technique: if you watch some of the old YouTube shooting challenges/fun stuff. I just don’t back him to score as many as a ’striker’ in his bracket should. He’s loved by many City fans, but you can also pick up their frustration with him too. The collective holding of breath and groans as he delays an attack or thinks too long before delivering an ineffective effort.

Don’t get me wrong, he would improve our side no doubt. But if we are going for a big name established forward player, on a huge financial package,  I would personally be disappointed if it was him. 

40 minutes ago, wormy said:

Just thought; how many people have hit three or more of the 'top' clubs? Can't be many to have hopped between Liverpool/Man City/Chelsea, especially in this day and age. 

Daniel Sturridge played for all three recently

Absolutely no chance for us, hes currently on 300k pw and will have far more appealing (CL level) offers compared to the stage we are at right now. Great player though and would be a good fit for the club but realistically we are years away from this level of signing.

Edited by Nine

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I didn’t realise he was in the ‘100 club’. Very good chance that he finishes his career in the top 5 goalscorers of the Premier League era.

Doubly impressive given that he’s not a striker.

Having Sterling, Foden, and Grealish at the same club is crap for England. It limits their playing time. They're players England needs on form and it's World Cup year etc. etc.

After playing so long for Pep, I would have thought Sterling could play anywhere on the continent, but it doesn't look like he's interested.