Other clubs' transfers

Greg

25 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

He also has never had a starting spot as a cf for a full season. 

I think his goal contributions per 90 mins are pretty solid. 

It does seem a good signing.

But there's a reason why he wasn't given a long run at CF. I've often heard that he's better from wide positions which is another risk factor. But i'm not convinced by Martinelli so perhaps playingn on the left - Nketiah through the middle - Raphinha/Saka on the right is the way to go.

13 hours ago, Ben said:

I would love to see this front three, cant help thinking it would end in disaster though 

If and when they were on on their game could be very difficult to play against. Just can’t see that occurring very regularly. A risky and expensive trio me thinks. 

7 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Ronaldo to Chelsea would be an absolutely awful decision. Yeah he’s still very good but too much of play is dictated by getting the most out of him at the overall detriment to the team. 

I have no idea why any news outlet is entertaining the thought of us selling Ronaldo to Chelsea. :lol: Never in a million years.

Just now, Froggy said:

I have no idea why any news outlet is entertaining the thought of us selling Ronaldo to Chelsea. :lol: Never in a million years.

Yeah, why on earth would they want him

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Non sporting reasons? Shirt sales in the US/Asia?  

Actually, of all places I watched his debut against us in a bar in Moscow. I had been there before to watch our games against Burnley and Everton in the lockdown season and literally been the only patron in there. It was packed for Ronaldo. Suppose he and Messi do truly transcend club football at this point. 

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Can anyone remember a single goal Gabriel Jesus has ever scored? [emoji38]

Aye, he scored twice against Liverpool in a huge title race game

I think he's a quality player and will do very well for Arsenal 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

CL football. He currently holds the CL All-Time goal record (excluding goals scored in Qualifying rounds), one of  the rare records he has over Messi. So he'll definitely move to a CL team try to defend it.

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Aye, he scored twice against Liverpool in a huge title race game

I think he's a quality player and will do very well for Arsenal 

Yeah. You don't stay at at a Guardiola club for multiple seasons unless you are a player. It's as much of a banker as you can get.

8 minutes ago, DebuchyAndTheBeast said:

CL football. He currently holds the CL All-Time goal record (excluding goals scored in Qualifying rounds), one of  the rare records he has over Messi. So he'll definitely move to a CL team try to defend it.

I'm also well aware he would want to play in the CL. My point is that we would never ever sell him to Chelsea. I firmly believe he would never go to another Premier League club though. There's plenty of clubs he could still go to for the next couple of years which would guarantee CL football. He's so far ahead of Messi he can probably afford to miss a year and still remain as the top scorer.

Ronaldo has a shit ton of records over Messi as well. Decent bait. :lol:

If there’s one thing Ronaldo proved last season. Is that you don’t have to build a team around him to get him to score goals.  He’s not going to press but otherwise he’s a fairly fluid attacker. He’ll look to drop deep at times.  Always on the hunt for space and a shooting opp.  Reminds me a bit of a more aerially dominant older Aguero.  

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Yeah. You don't stay at at a Guardiola club for multiple seasons unless you are a player. It's as much of a banker as you can get.

He hasn’t played that much. For most of the last 3 seasons - he’s been close to last choice up top.  Pep has preferred everyone else in that squad up top or wide. Including Grealish, Gundo and Bilva.  

3 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Can anyone remember a single goal Gabriel Jesus has ever scored? [emoji38]

Lovely finish against Southampton in the dying minute in the last game of the season which clinched City their 100 points league win. 

Apart from that, he's overrated. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

He hasn’t played that much. For most of the last 3 seasons - he’s been close to last choice up top.  Pep has preferred everyone else in that squad up top or wide. Including Grealish, Gundo and Bilva.  

Why didn't he sell him earlier then? He's obviously still a top striker, he's only being let go now because Haaland is world class.