Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Decent chance he's basically first choice there and will have loads of games. London lad and won't have to move at all. If Chelsea are only willing to do a loan I honestly don't think we'd have a chance of convincing him.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Only 24 starts though. It's not up there with his absurd numbers from Barcelona but he was still easily one of the best players in Ligue 1.

30 goals in 35 starts in La Liga the year before. 1 in 1.2 still much better than 1 in 4.

Not many other ways I can chop up the same stats, I’d appreciate it if you could admit defeat and agree it was an average season. 

Especially as I may have to quote Froggy and agree with him, which makes me physically ill.

Well nah cause yous are both talking shite :lol:

I've never claimed he was great 'by Messi's standards' so not even sure what yous are going onabout.

He's 35 and was involved in 20 goals in 24 starts. His general stats are also still insane. He hasn't 'flopped' and he wasn’t 'mediocre'.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

24 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I would get 14 assists and 6 goals playing with Mbappe and Neymar in Ligue 1.

It was not a good season from Messi, which is fine. Fully expect him to be back into 40+ goal contributions next season. 

Doubt it. He's still class but only cares about Argentina now

Tbf playing a full season's worth of games he probably wouldn't have been far off 40 goal involvements. He started relatively slowly at PSG too. Took 5 games to get off the mark and then was heavily involved for the rest of the season.

He's in his mid 30s and nowhere near as physically perfect as Ronaldo like, so he could continue to decline pretty quickly.

48 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Only 24 starts though. It's not up there with his absurd numbers from Barcelona but he was still easily one of the best players in Ligue 1.

Tbf his contribution to overall game is bigger problem. Doesn't seem to play at all when opposition has the ball. Yea, saving energy and all that but it means that PSG can't press or others will have to do his work.