Other clubs' transfers

Greg

15 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Debt has nothing to do with FFP; it’s about profit and loss and only qualified profit and loss. 

‘Debt’ itself isn’t included in ffp, but ‘financial costs’ are. Surely by not having to repay interest and loan repayments by now having no debt, Chelsea are infinitely better off for ffp, not to mention actually having that same extra cash to spend other than on those repayments? 

31 minutes ago, Manxst said:

‘Debt’ itself isn’t included in ffp, but ‘financial costs’ are. Surely by not having to repay interest and loan repayments by now having no debt, Chelsea are infinitely better off for ffp, not to mention actually having that same extra cash to spend other than on those repayments? 

Your absolutely correct but doing that would be against the spirit of FFP. To protect the interests of the big clubs. 

44 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Chelsea make a lot of money from player sales, and if they are in trouble they can always sell one of their many players who they hide in cupboards who happen to be worth £20m who never see the light of day. 

I can't be sure, but I'm pretty sure I'm a Chelsea loanee they have forgotten about. Wide forward, 0 PL apps, will only cost you £30m (English you see).

Super late I know but I’ve just clocked that Palhinha has signed for Fulham?? That’s an absolutely ridiculous signing, possibly one of the biggest coups I’ve ever seen in recent years. This guy should be playing in the Champions League and would absolutely stroll into most teams’ in the top 6’s starting 11. How on Earth have they managed that, at 17m no less?

Edited by McCormick

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Why the hell would Lingard go to Forest over West Ham? [emoji38]

According to some Forest fans a deal is agreed and he's having a medical there on Friday.

Guaranteed starter and they reckon £200k per week ??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Super late I know but I’ve just clocked that Palhinha has signed for Fulham?? That’s an absolutely ridiculous signing, possibly one of the biggest coups I’ve ever seen in recent years. This guy should be playing in the Champions League and would absolutely stroll into most teams’ in the top 6’s starting 11. How on Earth have they managed that, at 17m no less?

Big wages and lowish release clause supposedly 

14 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Guaranteed starter and they reckon £200k per week ??‍♂️

Christ....

Genuinely, reading figures like this make me appreciate financial prudence despite our takeover. Fucking mental.

Forest's approach to this windos is seemingly to spunk as much money as is fiscally possible and hope for the best. 

The former manager of SAP Hoffenheim, Red Bull and current FC Hollywood manager, who has bombed out his best player because he’s a knacker, not happy with financial irregularities in football. The heart bleeds. :lol:

26 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Christ....

Genuinely, reading figures like this make me appreciate financial prudence despite our takeover. Fucking mental.

Forest's approach to this windos is seemingly to spunk as much money as is fiscally possible and hope for the best. 

What else could they do? They won the promotion with some great loanees who are now gone. Could take another 20 years for their next shot at the PL if they did a Norwich and are just happy to go back down again.

30 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Christ....

They've made excellent value purchases on the whole, and were a team with a ridiculously low spend in place I imagine.

Hope for their sake the Lingard move isn't true. Not even because of the wages they're giving him, as he is on a free after all, but because if there's one person you don't want as your top earner by a significant margin, it's probably Jesse Lingard. 

7 hours ago, Manxst said:

And how have they got no debt ?

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Because the condition of sale was that the price was inflated in order to make them debt free? 

Apparently Chelsea owed him 1.5billion but that would be paying a debt back to himself. Wonder if the rules have changed since then ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10368571/Chelseas-debt-Roman-Abramovich-passes-1-5BILLION-wage-bill-higher-Man-Un

And as you say an inflated sale price to cover it. All very murky and bet the other 80 odd clu s in the league outside of that chosen few wouldn't have gotten away with it.

Edited by madras

19 minutes ago, madras said:

Apparently Chelsea owed him 1.5billion but that would be paying a debt back to himself. Wonder if the rules have changed since then ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10368571/Chelseas-debt-Roman-Abramovich-passes-1-5BILLION-wage-bill-higher-Man-Un

And as you say an inflated sale price to cover it. All very murky and bet the other 80 odd clu s in the league outside of that chosen few wouldn't have gotten away with it.

It's no different to our 'interest free loan' from Ashley, which was cleared when we were sold. Other than being 10x as much and not used an an excuse for free advertising, obviously.

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

It's no different to our 'interest free loan' from Ashley, which was cleared when we were sold. Other than being 10x as much and not used an an excuse for free advertising, obviously.

Fair point I suppose.

1 hour ago, Kaizero said:

I really enjoyed this quote:

FYD2SSgXoAEI-bp?format=jpg&name=large

:lol: 

I think the top clubs are convinced the ESL is coming in the next few years. Same reason Chelsea went for so much.

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

I think the top clubs are convinced the ESL is coming in the next few years. Same reason Chelsea went for so much.

Oh they’ll try again, more like LIV next time. An offer so good they just do it regardless of what anyone thinks.

19 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

City most have spent close to 200 million on fullback under pep surely ? Maybe even more, assuming this one goes through.

Zinchenko - £2m (sold for £30m)

Mendy - £52m 

Walker - £48m

Danilo - £27m (sold for £33m)

Cancelo - £58m

Angelino - £11m (sold for £16m)

Porro - £11m (sold for £8m)

Kabore - £4m

With the exception of Mendy due to the unforeseen circumstances, it's probably pretty good business to be fair to them. Cancelo is incredible still so has been worth every penny. Walker can maybe be seen as too expensive.