Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Wasn't he just constantly injured and way too early to write off? Looking at Bailey's and Diaby's stats in the same team in 20/21, Bailey had 9+9 and Diaby 4+12 in Bundesliga. Bailey (0.54) also ahead in non-penalty xG+xA per 90 minutes against Diaby (0.46). 

Just seems weird when you think Diaby could get us up the league while slagging off signings like Bailey.

I've never seen Diaby play. I'm simply stating if the scouts think he is the best player in that position that we could get - then we should go for him. 

Not a personal slight on Bailey. There are loads of flops in his bracket of player every season. especially to PL clubs outside of Europe.

Still doesn't make sense. They are basically the same player based on everything (stats, age, team, position) but because Bailey was a bit cheaper (contract, wanted to leave, impact of covid?) he's somehow a lesser player and more likely to flop?

Edited by Pata

2 hours ago, duo said:

Didn't they terminate his contract as they didn't believe his age

Maybe, he was still playing regularly though. Next to Pepe n all so not like they were too arsed about blooding youth. Wonder if getting insurance for him is problematic?

43 minutes ago, Disco said:

Maybe, he was still playing regularly though. Next to Pepe n all so not like they were too arsed about blooding youth. Wonder if getting insurance for him is problematic?

I would think it is a combination of the discrepancies in his documents and not providing the wage and length of deal he would want. OM have definitely increased his wage and for three years.

The age issue is nothing new. It is the same 1988 date that has followed his career from Anderlecht to Newcastle to now. So, Porto signed him initially with this knowledge. My wife was also born sometime between 1988 and 1994 in Kinshasha, so I will ask her for direct evidence, but it's impossible to know otherwise, that country is dysfunctional even compared to it continental counterparts.

17 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Loads of memes about Nunez being properly shit for Liverpool.

Anyone watched their friendly?

Doesn’t mean much at this point tbh beyond a mild chuckle. Somebody did say that it took Nunez a year to settle into Portuguese football.

11 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Doesn’t mean much at this point tbh beyond a mild chuckle. Somebody did say that it took Nunez a year to settle into Portuguese football.

All the Benfica boys that posted on here were going on about how Nunez was absolute shit and the numbers were lying, I hope they were right :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

All the Benfica boys that posted on here were going on about how Nunez was absolute shit and the numbers were lying, I hope they were right :lol: 

Wasn't it just Jotenko ?

They don’t really have another true #9 in the team. Wonder who they’ll replace him with. Or roll with Muller as a false 9.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

5 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

They don’t really have another true #9 in the team. Wonder who they’ll replace him with. Or roll with Muller as a false 9.

Was listening to something a while back saying that Herr Nagelsmann didn’t like him as he didn’t run around enough so wouldn’t shock me if they go for the play all the wingers and attacking midfielders all over the place rotating rather than buying anyone with nominally Mane leading the press as a 9. Seems daft to me but that’s the main reason he’s off.

Suspect it won’t work for the better for Bayern.