Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Only thing bad about Varane is his availability. He was our best defender by a mile when he was fit. 

I've no doubt he was, I've still seen him looking shit individually for you and as part of a collectively shit back 4. The talk at the time was of him solving your problems/being the finishing touch to make you title contenders.

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

O'Brien and Mangala were signed to bury him on the bench, and rightfully so.

It's the reason I imagine they're having to sign so many players, so the likes of Colback will never see the light of day for them in the Prem.

Thought O'Brien looked good in their last game. Much better than Jack of no trades Colback

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We actually bid €80m for Antony yesterday and it was rejected. That's a ludicrous fee for a position that isn't particularly weak. 

Is it not? Who else is there bar the horrendously out of form Sancho and Rashford

31 minutes ago, triggs said:

Is it not? Who else is there bar the horrendously out of form Sancho and Rashford

Form is temporary. 

We have Rashford, Sancho, Elanga, Garnacho and Pellestri in the first team squad as wingers. Martial also had his best form with us on the left hand side. 

Three or four other positions that are far, far more important. 

55 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Form is temporary. 

We have Rashford, Sancho, Elanga, Garnacho and Pellestri in the first team squad as wingers. Martial also had his best form with us on the left hand side. 

Is it temporary when it's going on for over a year with no sign of improving? :lol:

55 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Form is temporary. 

Hardly strikes fear into the heart of the opposition.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Form is temporary. 

At least two of those names you've made up.

4 hours ago, Anderson said:

Was certain Gibbs-White was ex-Arsenal, can't be the only one? Most Arsenal academy graduate sounding fella never to actually have been with them

They had a Gibbs and other players with double-barreled names, so easy to get confused.

If you are over 50 like me, you probably still associate double-barrelled names with posh people.

5 hours ago, Froggy said:

Form is temporary. 

I think Rashford is finished at Man U, he needs a fresh start.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Mike said:

Tablespoon of Garnacho into a dog bowl of ramen with tuna, plastic cheese and fries will change your life. Honest word.

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

This is exactly what I was thinking yesterday. 

£60 million for a 30 year old midfielder doesn't seem like a great move. Surely, there must be a younger version that can be had for that price.

That Ibrahim Sangare at PSV for example is available for around half of that I think.

Guest HTT II
10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This is exactly what I was thinking yesterday. 

£60 million for a 30 year old midfielder doesn't seem like a great move. Surely, there must be a younger version that can be had for that price.

That Ibrahim Sangare at PSV for example is available for around half of that I think.

They could have had Pogba on a free…