Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 hours ago, Kanji said:

Vini - Benz - Rodryigo 

Jude - Tchou - Valverde

When they sign Haaland to replace Benz in a couple years…

:memelol:

Edited by Deuce

5 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

Their fans are absolute weapons and regularly boo him. Messi >> that shit club 

Im not a great lover of PSG but what would you think of a player who signed for us on astronomical wages with a huge reputation and was more interested in international football and his outside projects than putting the effort in for the team?

Also give me your opinion of Michael Owen 

2 hours ago, Ace said:

Im not a great lover of PSG but what would you think of a player who signed for us on astronomical wages with a huge reputation and was more interested in international football and his outside projects than putting the effort in for the team?

Machine Gun GIF

9 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

He’s got 15 goals and 15 assists for them, what París based players is he keeping out that can produce that? They are a total joke. 

They are past caring about the league and his stats are immaterial to their point.

They would take less success (I mean they would probably still win the league) in order to see more French and Parisian players rather than superstars who don’t care. It’s a bit like when Owen signed for us, he didn’t really want to but he pretty much had no other options. 

Paris produces more world class talent than any other city. They could easily change tact and still compete. 

Although like a lot of modern mega clubs there is a tension between what the local match going fans want and what the international fans want I suppose. 

4 hours ago, Ace said:

Messi has 31 goals and 34 assists in 71 games for them, and they won the league last year. If that’s not effort, then fuck knows. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Cracking signing for Liverpool that would be, think he suits Klopps style. Wonder what price he goes for.

Aye feels like he'd fight the high intensity style of Liverpool or ourselves like a glove. It'll be a few years before we have Liverpool's pulling power in terms of fees and regular European football though. 

7 hours ago, Ace said:

He’s literally got 15 goals and 15 assists for them. How is that not “putting in effort “ for the team? Michael Owen isn’t even on the same planet as Messi. It’s obvious to anyone with a brain they’ve suspended him out of pettiness as he wants to leave 

3 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

They are past caring about the league and his stats are immaterial to their point.

They would take less success (I mean they would probably still win the league) in order to see more French and Parisian players rather than superstars who don’t care. It’s a bit like when Owen signed for us, he didn’t really want to but he pretty much had no other options. 

Paris produces more world class talent than any other city. They could easily change tact and still compete. 

Although like a lot of modern mega clubs there is a tension between what the local match going fans want and what the international fans want I suppose. 

Comparing Messi and Owen? You think other clubs didn’t want Messi? He’s likely to win the Ballon D’or this year ffs. Regardless of that, these are fully grown men turning up at players homes, it’s beyond pathetic. If they hate the players so much protest they ownership. 

What has Paris producing world class talent have to do with Messi? Or Neymar? Or Verratti. The latter of which has been their best player for years. And why is Mbappe off the hook, because he’s local? He absolutely fleeced them on his deal.

I don’t know where this narrative is coming from, they are whinging because of their perceived lack of success in the champions league. Terrible small time club, with absolutely awful support. 

2 hours ago, Manxst said:

Messi has 31 goals and 34 assists in 71 games for them, and they won the league last year. If that’s not effort, then fuck knows. 

Fucking wish we had a player on those stats “not putting effort in”. I swear people see Messi walking on a pitch and conflate it with a lack of effort 

Brighton's scouting is obviously brilliant but I wonder if there'll come a time where they do a Leicester or Southampton and their well of talent will dry up

Really interesting well run club mind

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Only 2 or 3 clubs could afford Messi.

Messi embodies everything that is wrong about PSG.

What’s wrong with PSG can’t be delineated into one player. They don’t have a cohesive transfer policy or really any team building. Tuchel, Carlo, Poch, Emery, all “failed” there. All of them bar Poch have won European trophies. 

Both Neymar and Messi have both produced at a high level for them. 

But it depends on your definition of failure, City haven’t won a champions league since their takeover, just like PSG. 

Any other player in world football with those stats would be heralded as God. It’s crazy. There’s not a lot more else he can do, Haaland has beaten every record going and City have been second most of the season. It’s not one player. 

5 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

What’s wrong with PSG can’t be delineated into one player. They don’t have a cohesive transfer policy or really any team building. Tuchel, Carlo, Poch, Emery, all “failed” there. All of them bar Poch have won European trophies. 

Both Neymar and Messi have both produced at a high level for them. 

But it depends on your definition of failure, City haven’t won a champions league since their takeover, just like PSG. 

He's a player brought in more for media and commercial appeal than to fit the squad. He's only there for the money. He has shown contept for the club. He's one of many luxury player superstars who does nothing off the ball.

He's everything wrong with the PSG mindset. And yes it comes from the clubs leadership. No manager serious about performing would want this version of Messi, Neymar & Mbappe in the same XI.

15 hours ago, Ace said:

Messi has been an absolute shit bag with all this at PSG and yet he doesn’t seem to get criticised.

Like with the tax evasion he’s Teflon, Imagine the shit Cristiano would get if he went on like Messi did

Ronaldo also got done for tax evasion but I mostly hear it used as a stick to beat Messi with

Then again Ronaldo has done far worse than that so I guess tax evasion is mild in comparison

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

He's a player brought in more for media and commercial appeal than to fit the squad. He's only there for the money. He has shown contept for the club. He's one of many luxury player superstars who does nothing off the ball.

He's everything wrong with the PSG mindset. And yes it comes from the clubs leadership. No manager serious about performing would want this version of Messi, Neymar & Mbappe in the same XI.

Contempt in what way? The suspension is absolutely PSG PR because he’s not renewing his deal. I’m pretty sure most managers would want that actually. All three of them are their highest performers. Their problems lie elsewhere. Every single footballer is at a club for money, it’s sad but that’s life I’m afraid. 

As for being a “luxury”’ player, it worked out pretty well for Argentina.