Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

If you have a bottomless pit of money and keep buying elite players it’s going to work at some point, but Boehly doesn’t deserve an ounce of credit 

He’s lucked out massively with the Saudi thing. Otherwise they’d be dragging a super sized version of the NUFC bum squad.

It might not seem it because of how much they spent last year but I think Chelsea are actually cutting cloth accordingly. They're refusing to re-sign top players like Mount on 300k a week and instead signing younger players on cheaper wages on long contracts. It's a fundamental change in model compared to the last 20 years.

I think there's a big question whether they become title contenders again or whether they just become a club that buys and sells but doesn't win titles.

6 hours ago, TRC said:

I think I'm in the minority but I actually think Boehly has done some great business and it will be a success in a few years

By “done some great business” do you mean “thrown enough money at the wall for some of it to stick”?

Edited by leffe186

They’ve signed some good players but I look at that Chelsea squad it doesn’t exactly fill me with fear. 

Not exactly packed with Prem experience, your main continuity players are two injury prone full backs and a centre half who will be close to 40 at the start of next season. 

Strike force is currently two young unproven players one having a half decent season with Villarreal and the other having missed an entire season with a ACL injury. You presume Lukaku and Auba will be peddled. 

Caicedo is good but his price and hype seems to be inflated way beyond anything realistic. 

14 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Villa in for Felix 

Would be another great signing if there's any truth in it. He showed glimpses of what he can do at Chelsea, think he could do well at a settled club with an idea what they are doing.

Henderson to Saudi would mean two of the Sky Six taking transfer fees from them. I can't see how that doesn't open the door to us selling to them too. It has to.

Salah is still Liverpool's best player. Selling him now actually weakens them, so I would welcome it even if they get Chiesa. Regarding Lavia, the Manchester Evening News reckons City sold him with all manner of buyback clauses, so Liverpool only get him if Pep doesn't want him back. This would mean Pep rating him below Kalvin Phillips. There aren't many examples of Pep-era City letting good players go, Jadon Sancho as the only one that springs to mind.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfers-romeo-lavia-27277041

5 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Henderson to Saudi would mean two of the Sky Six taking transfer fees from them. I can't see how that doesn't open the door to us selling to them too. It has to.

Salah is still Liverpool's best player. Selling him now actually weakens them, so I would welcome it even if they get Chiesa. Regarding Lavia, the Manchester Evening News reckons City sold him with all manner of buyback clauses, so Liverpool only get him if Pep doesn't want him back. This would mean Pep rating him below Kalvin Phillips. There aren't many examples of Pep-era City letting good players go, Jadon Sancho as the only one that springs to mind.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfers-romeo-lavia-27277041

It’s also that Lavia might not want a return. Why re-sign an unhappy player?

PIF signing 3 aging Liverpool midfielders would hurt. They’ll replace them with utter class. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

It’s also that Lavia might not want a return. Why re-sign an unhappy player?

PIF signing 3 aging Liverpool midfielders would hurt. They’ll replace them with utter class. 

Thuram, Szlob and Lavia. All funded by our “totally independent” owners.

15 minutes ago, Stottie said:

:huff::wave:

If Saudi are paying full Transfermarkt prices for declining Sky Six players, we should sell some combination of Murphy, ASM, Targett and Miggy for the same full Transfermarkt prices. 

If there are five CL places, the goal should be to finish Top 5, realistically above Villa, Brighton, Chelsea, and Spurs. Finishing above both Liverpool and Man U will not be necessary next season. Liverpool alone improving shouldn't be an issue. If Nunez finds his shooting boots and Diaz regains his form, they won't need a new midfield.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Can't wait until they slap in a £60 million bid for Almiron.

Wish they'd fucking get on with it then, and I love Miggy but we need to be on the same playing field as the big (s)hitter clubs.