Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, wormy said:

:lol: Between this and Teletubbies.. Am I missing some references or have they just got a couple of lads off their tits shoehorning new signings in to the first video clips they can find?

They've done it for the last year or so, basically since they ditched Dyche, for some reason.. :lol:

10 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol: Okay but that one is actually fucking class tbf. 

It is absolutely brilliant, for a low profile non-glamour club like Burnley, they do fantastic social media.

1 minute ago, Toon88 said:

So many closet Villa fans here. We shouldn’t be worried about others, they should be worried about us. That’s the mentality

If it helps, I'm not in the closet.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I hope both us and Villa break up the "big six". Both clubs trying to get to the same place, but taking slightly different routes.

I agree with this although I don't think the route is that different.

Appoint a very good manager

Put in a modern sporting structure behind the scenes to support him

Invest in youth (we're a fair bit ahead on this, but you're ahead in the wider picture by at least a season)

Sign good players 

Coach them well

Someone has to shake things up. Us, you, Brighton, it all adds to breaking the crushing boredom of an oligopoly which the PL risks becoming.

Got a sneaking suspicion that Diaby will struggle with the physicality for the first half of the season but I think he'll turn out far better than Bailey overall.

Depth will be the biggie for Villa with all of the comps. What are the odds they win the Conference? 

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

How do Villa get around FFP then - I take it that the Grealish money has allowed them to do their business?

Yep, selling a youth player for mega money is FFP gold dust

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yep, selling a youth player for mega money is FFP gold dust

Grealish + Chukwuemeka = £120m which can be assigned in one go if required to any season.

Selling home grown for decent money absolutely is FFP gold dust.

Edited by brummie

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they sold someone like Ramsey for mad money next season so they can keep reinvesting.

I would. He's better at his age than Grealish was at the same age.

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Without wanting to sound melodramatic, this is in a way an important signing for the premier league. Turning down insane tax free Saudi money. 

Aye.  I’ve been saying, if SA take Fulham’s best player and a Villa target - that sends a message. 

In any case, I think they will still be in for players at that level. And that’s where the PL separates itself from other leagues. 

International football might end up being a massive saving Grace for teams like Fulham, Villa, Us.  Diaby scored 15 Pl goals next season he’s going to the Euros.   

4 hours ago, Toon88 said:

So many closet Villa fans here. We shouldn’t be worried about others, they should be worried about us. That’s the mentality

Sickening stuff. No offense to Brummie but I wish nothing but misery on Villa. Can’t stand the club or it’s fans and I’m usually not one for hating other clubs.

4 hours ago, Toon88 said:

I'm not a closet fan.

The cunts can get to absolute fuck.

4 hours ago, brummie said:

I agree with this although I don't think the route is that different.

Appoint a very good manager

Put in a modern sporting structure behind the scenes to support him

Invest in youth (we're a fair bit ahead on this, but you're ahead in the wider picture by at least a season)

Sign good players 

Coach them well

Someone has to shake things up. Us, you, Brighton, it all adds to breaking the crushing boredom of an oligopoly which the PL risks becoming.

At the same time I’d not be in the slightest bit shocked if Brighton fall away a bit this season after being worked out and we all finish outside the old top 6 due to lack of depth and being unable to balance too many games. 

Then again, more than fair chance ye olde Tottingham Hotspurs continue to be a car crash which would be delightful.