Other clubs' transfers

Greg

13 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It won’t happen because ultimately he is a superb player, but I’d laugh my cock off if he signed for Real Madrid on wages of a zillion quid a week and flopped miserably

So would he

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Unless I've missed it I thought he's said he won't extend his contract beyond next season, he hasn't refused to play

Thought he’d said he wouldn’t play again for them, let me find the tweet

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Unless I've missed it I thought he's said he won't extend his contract beyond next season, he hasn't refused to play

Aye that’s right, he said he doesn’t want to leave this summer either.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I don't read that as him refusing to play

PSG aren't picking him because he doesn't want to extend his contract and he doesn't want to necessarily leave this summer, in response he's saying he'll wait a year if needs be

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

I don't read that as him refusing to play

PSG aren't picking him because he doesn't want to extend his contract and he doesn't want to necessarily leave this summer, in response he's saying he'll wait a year if needs be

Fair enough, hard to know exactly who’s being a dickhead in the scenario. I don’t have any faith in PSG’s senior management but I also think Mbappe was mad to sign the original contract extension when he was all but gone to Real Madrid. If he can’t get a move this summer then itll

be because of poor previous decision making 

Just now, gbandit said:

Fair enough, hard to know exactly who’s being a dickhead in the scenario. I don’t have any faith in PSG’s senior management but I also think Mbappe was mad to sign the original contract extension when he was all but gone to Real Madrid. If he can’t get a move this summer then itll

There's probably an element of dickhead in both parties but I'd say more towards PSG

I do agree, he clearly wanted to leave but allowed himself to be persuaded and PSG offering the world to a player on such a short contract was madness 

They don't want the embarrassment of losing him on a free but they rejected a hefty bid from Real previously 

They're a mess of a club and long may it continue 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

They paid him an insane sum for a short renewal, he’s played them like an absolute fiddle. 

41 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Southampton’s Salisu off to Fulham according to Sky

So that's two left sided centre backs they're signing at the same time if they're getting Bassey?

And they were linked with a Benfica centre back yesterday who has handed in a transfer request to force the move

If PSG hold their nerve on benching Mbappe he’d have a year of no games before the Euros. Benzema leaving Real leaves the gap

IMO Mbappe only fancies staying so he can trouser an insane signing on bonus next year instead of PSG getting the transfer fee this year - teams should reflect on whether that’s what they want in their squads. He certainly isn’t staying for football reasons

He just doesn't put up with bull shit. 

It's why I think Spurs could be alright. Their last few managers have been tactically dogmatic and present themselves as an aspirational benchmark that the players have to climb toward. Failure to do so isn't met with an arm round the shoulder but a demand to be better. It's a very binary existence under them. 

Ange isn't that. He's more like Pochettino. He has the same aspiration of success but aims to lead the way. That's more well-aligned with a club like Spurs that don't have a history of success. 

PSG come out of the Mbappe looking worse IMO. They made him a ridiculous offer last time to keep him and were always going to have this problem again.

Seems like he wants to stay and play for next season they just don't want the embarrassment of seeing him leave on a free to Madrid. If he was the one refusing to play it would be a lot different I think. 

Messi fucked off to Saudi for a few weeks without even telling the club. Neymar is always suspiciously 'injured' then pictured partying elsewhere. They offered Mbappe all that power at the club last time and he still wants away. Their own players view the club a joke, which to be fair it is. From top to bottom it seems rotten.