Jump to content

Other clubs' transfers


Recommended Posts

  On 15/08/2023 at 05:48, Whitley mag said:

Majority on 8 year contracts though, that loophole won’t be closed by the PL until next summer, the same with UEFA, whether it’s the right approach long term only time will tell.

Expand  

Uefa have closed it already, funnily enough it’s the PL who haven’t yet which is most odd given they immediately banned related sponsorships the moment we were taken over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 15/08/2023 at 03:58, Geordie Ahmed said:

Very much part of the team now that Conte has gone

 

It was baffling how little Conte trusted/used him 

Expand  


He was terrific on Sunday.


Maybe the most obvious example of Conte’s limitations. You can understand certain players not slotting in because they didn’t fit the scheme but not using Bissouma was just criminally stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 15/08/2023 at 08:24, leffe186 said:


He was terrific on Sunday.


Maybe the most obvious example of Conte’s limitations. You can understand certain players not slotting in because they didn’t fit the scheme but not using Bissouma was just criminally stupid.

Expand  

 

See Ange doesn't rate Hojbjerg, is he going to join Mourinho at Roma?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding Chelsea...

 

  Quote

Chelsea’s estimated amortised spending in the past three windows under Boehly and Clearlake, using initial transfer figures reported by The Athletic, comes to £157.2million; this significantly lower number is almost entirely offset by an accounting profit from player sales of £149.6million over the same period.

Expand  

 

  Quote

In the course of the financial due diligence that preceded their takeover last year, Boehly and Clearlake quickly identified that Roman Abramovich had been happily paying what they regarded as a “Chelsea premium” in terms of player salaries.

 

Base wages were well above the market rate across the board, with almost nothing tied to performance-based incentives such as Champions League participation.

 

The massive squad turnover at Stamford Bridge over the past year has been as much about shedding contracts as players. Boehly and Clearlake have been determined to bring the club’s salary commitments down to a competitive market level, and they are well aware that the earning expectations of footballers tend to rise as they get older.

 

Since the restructuring of their football operation around co-sporting directors Laurence Stewart and Paul Winstanley at the start of 2023, Chelsea have placed renewed emphasis on targeting players aged 23 or younger, with Christopher Nkunku (whose transfer was agreed almost a year ago), Axel Disasi and goalkeeper Robert Sanchez the only exceptions.

 

Younger players tend to be more amenable to lower base salaries with performance incentives, which gives Chelsea the opportunity to start them at a more affordable level and then reward the best performers with pay rises as time goes by. Lavia will almost certain to be on a lower wage as he begins his career at Stamford Bridge than former Southampton team-mate James Ward-Prowse is on at West Ham.

Expand  

 

Both from today's article in The Athletic. Basically, if more of the signings are hits than misses then it may well work, but if not they're going to struggle to fund another rebuild down the line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There go any chance of Man U ever landing big money for an over the hill Maguire. West Ham will probably sack Moyes before he gets the chance to do much more long term damage to their squad.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 15/08/2023 at 08:54, joeyt said:

 

See Ange doesn't rate Hojbjerg, is he going to join Mourinho at Roma?

Expand  


Dunno. I know Atletico Madrid were the expected destination, but that’s been talked about for ages. What’s clear is that he’s going to be part of the clearout. If we can make it happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 15/08/2023 at 09:34, leffe186 said:


Dunno. I know Atletico Madrid were the expected destination, but that’s been talked about for ages. What’s clear is that he’s going to be part of the clearout. If we can make it happen.

Expand  

 

Didn't realise Ndombele was still in your books. Always thought there was a player there with him and only 26

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 15/08/2023 at 09:27, r0cafella said:

Wages and agent fees obviously don’t count :lol:

Expand  

And to quote myself :lol:

 

what Chelsea are doing only comes with 2 forms of risk, the first is obviously they can’t keep up with the repayments and become liquidated (unlikely) 

 

the second is the regulatory risk which might

Be worth it if the sanction is say a fine. 
 

Either way, what Chelsea and city have done is the litmus test for the regulator and if they fail we can say goodbye to FFP. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  On 15/08/2023 at 09:38, joeyt said:

 

Didn't realise Ndombele was still in your books. Always thought there was a player there with him and only 26

Expand  


:lol: Yeah they were just talking about it on the Fighting Cock (Spurs podcast). He’s had so many chances to knuckle down and blown them all. Ange was his latest (and hopefully last) and he’s now blown this one too. A true waste of talent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...