Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Pisses me off a bit how Saudi Arabia has basically paid for Liverpools rebuild for years to come Selling all their 30+ players for huge fees is exactly what they needed, they were kind of screwed with that aging midfield. And 150m+ for a 30-year old is insane.

It's probably just the whiplash of Sunday's hideous defeat, Botman's fitness question marks and the two extremely difficult cup draws; but I feel now like we're a bit short of some bona fide CL+PL experience and kinda wish we were involved in today's skirmish. I know players like Trippier don't grow on trees but I'd love us to randomly pick up another 'been there done that'er on loan or something. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's probably just the whiplash of Sunday's hideous defeat, Botman's fitness question marks and the two extremely difficult cup draws; but I feel now like we're a bit short of some bona fide CL+PL experience and kinda wish we were involved in today's skirmish. I know players like Trippier don't grow on trees but I'd love us to randomly pick up another 'been there done that'er on loan or something. 

Always feels like that when other clubs are doing business, a lot of it looks panicked to me though.

8 minutes ago, nortoon said:

Pisses me off a bit how Saudi Arabia has basically paid for Liverpools rebuild for years to come Selling all their 30+ players for huge fees is exactly what they needed, they were kind of screwed with that aging midfield. And 150m+ for a 30-year old is insane.

I know what you mean but tbh, it gives me great satisfaction that their rebuild and success will be sanctioned by the same money that is building us and they will have literally nothing to say about it. 

I'm so sick of their entitled fans thinking we don't give a fuck about how Saudi Arabia has a disgusting regime. They think we should be completely boycotting our club. I'd like them to torch their own cars and not drive ever until oil is ethically sourced and not bought from SA, but they won't because they're hypocrites. 

13 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

I know what you mean but tbh, it gives me great satisfaction that their rebuild and success will be sanctioned by the same money that is building us and they will have literally nothing to say about it. 

Great point. Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Fulham and Wolves have all courted Saudi investment this summer by virtue of player sales. Fuck em.

35 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t you say Cucurella was done the other day ? And that West Ham where definitely signing Maguire ?

Yes sir. Fees and personal terms were agreed and both fell through for different, silly reasons which I explained. The source is solid.