Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Actually, thinking about it, I reckon PSR in general will bring down market prices considerably this summer. Less money doing the rounds will do that.

Although obviously, Chelsea can just sell themselves another house or something. 

Edited by brummie

12 hours ago, brummie said:

If it is Illing Junior and McKennie and 20m, then that's not hugely under market value. Although I do agree with your general point re FFP. 

If we are maneouvring around PSR constraints then that's understandable. 

Also, looks like Chelsea are giving us 40m for Jhon Duran.

He's very promising but apparently a nightmare in training and prone to petulance, something even other players have hinted at.

15 - 40m in a year is good going.

Very good money for someone who cant even spell their first name properly 

On 12/06/2024 at 02:46, KaKa said:

That McKennie is a decent player and Emery will get a tune out of him. He's had some good seasons at Juve. That loan at Leeds was a blip in comparison.

And Illing-Junior is highly thought of and we've even been linked with him a fair bit. He's really young too.

Those two plus £20 million for Luiz is not a bad deal for Villa at all.

Looking like Jeff Hendrick here. This is dreadful

IMG_3138.jpeg

Edited by Jagten

8 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I just don't get how they can continue to consistently spend and be unaffected, obviously it's a rumour, but allegedly 60m is the price.

Two reasons, selling the youth talent pool they’ve spent 2 decades building. And gaming of FFP and its restrictions including long contracts so the fee is accounted for over a longer period of time and other related party transactions. 

6 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Two reasons, selling the youth talent pool they’ve spent 2 decades building. And gaming of FFP and its restrictions including long contracts so the fee is accounted for over a longer period of time and other related party transactions. 

But I thought the eight year amortisation contract loophole was stopped?

Just now, mighty__mag said:

But I thought the eight year amortisation contract loophole was stopped?

It was but they still got what? 300-400m out of it. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

It was but they still got what? 300-400m out of it. 

I get all that, but I'm convinced they're going to be over if they keep it up, at this point now surely they will need to sell,they're devaluing most of their signings bar Palmer. 

It's so risky 

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

I get all that, but I'm convinced they're going to be over if they keep it up, at this point now surely they will need to sell,they're devaluing most of their signings bar Palmer. 

It's so risky 

Seems to hinge on the hotel sale which the PL still haven’t decided on. Also; the historic breaches which they self reported under Roman, that for some reason is also still pending which is fucking weird given they self reported. 

As daft as I know this sounds, the only reason clubs like city and Chelsea resort to this nonsense is due to the stupid FFP rules. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Seems to hinge on the hotel sale which the PL still haven’t decided on. Also; the historic breaches which they self reported under Roman, that for some reason is also still pending which is fucking weird given they self reported. 

As daft as I know this sounds, the only reason clubs like city and Chelsea resort to this nonsense is due to the stupid FFP rules. 

Stupid rules or not they exist there for everyone so everyone needs to abide and I’m sorry but the hotel stunt was dodgy as fuck. If Forest and the rest have been punished I hope they do.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Stupid rules or not they exist there for everyone so everyone needs to abide and I’m sorry but the hotel stunt was dodgy as fuck. If Forest and the rest have been punished I hope they do.

I’m not keen on conspiracy theories that x team would be punished etc. I understand your sentiment though, I think ultimately the PL needs to decide if it’s acceptable or not and let’s not forget the PL = sum of the members. 

I think at minimum they should be able to sell the hotels and obviously book the profit, but in no way should any form of income be allowed from a sold asset and that’s a loophole which needs addressing. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I’m not keen on conspiracy theories that x team would be punished etc. I understand your sentiment though, I think ultimately the PL needs to decide if it’s acceptable or not and let’s not forget the PL = sum of the members. 

I think at minimum they should be able to sell the hotels and obviously book the profit, but in no way should any form of income be allowed from a sold asset and that’s a loophole which needs addressing. 

Apparently they tried to close the loophole but it failed the vote - only got 11 out of 20 votes. They’ve tried the vote a few times now and can’t get it through.

Edited by Gawalls

Just now, Gawalls said:

Apparently they tried to close the loophole but it failed the vote - only got 11 out of 20 votes. They’ve tried the vote a few times now and can’t get it through.

Yeah, so we can only conclude the majority of the members are perfectly happy to continue as they are. 

I think the most depressing aspect of modern football is that us fans do not matter what one bit; apart from to be milked or course. Our opinions on any subject relating to our teams are simply irrelevant to the owners and these kind of votes are such a perfect example of it. 

bbc: it is understood Manchester United have already agreed personal terms with the player’s representatives and intend to speak to Everton once the window opens. But the Toffees are not keen on selling and would want in excess of £80m.

is it now normal for clubs to agree personal terms with a player and have this widely reported before clubs agree a deal? 

or is this just the MU way? 

good way to unsettle the player I suppose 

Hope Everton rinse them for every penny 

Edited by Ginola14

2 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

bbc: it is understood Manchester United have already agreed personal terms with the player’s representatives and intend to speak to Everton once the window opens. But the Toffees are not keen on selling and would want in excess of £80m.

is it now normal for clubs to agree personal terms with a player and have this widely reported before clubs agree a deal? 

We’ve allegedly done it with Trafford so throwing no rocks here. It’s the murky way it works.

2 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

I think it's pretty much the done thing now, not exclusive to Man Utd 

5 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

I'd say 99% of transfers are agreed with the player before the club gets involved unless the club is actively looking to sell. Would be a massive waste of time going through the whole process for the player to then reject them