Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Bargain at that price absolute no nonsense defender who looks made for PL.

Agreed, would rather get him at 12m than Thiaw at 30m

He's RCB too

Hijack - our Forest besties won't mind - maybe we can even give them Lascelles back for free :)

18 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

Yeah they’ve downgraded and we really need to take advantage of their little European sojourn just as they did us last season.

If they think they suffered bad with injuries last term they’re really gonna’ know about it this time. The schedule is brutal when you’re in the CL. Not just the extra game but it’s that you’re playing the highest quality opposition every time.

You ALWAYS have to play your best team and that team ALWAYS has to be at its best. Then when you’ve exhausted yourself doing that you have to play a PL team who’s gonna’ be right in your face, then you get drawn to City in the cup where you have to be at your best again. It’s unrelenting, and Villa are gonna’ find that out. 

Will be interesting to see if Villa do suffer from injuries this time round or we were just particularly unlucky. I don't think we really had a squad capable of coping with the extra workload either.

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

Will be interesting to see if Villa do suffer from injuries this time round or we were just particularly unlucky. I don't think we really had a squad capable of coping with the extra workload either.

I expect them to. Schedules aren’t getting easier, players league wide are getting ran into the ground. All clubs suffered last season from regular 100 min games and I don’t expect any different until the league institutes change regarding player welfare. They really struggled against Olympiakos in the latter stages of last season’s conference league. They’re going in to the CL now with largely the same squad so they’ve got to step up massively. 

We clearly didn’t have the squad but were genuinely decimated by injuries. There were large periods of the season where players had nothing in the tank before the first half ended. We were going into CL games with a bench full of u18/u-23 players, 3 keepers and Matt Ritchie. Even for the new season we’re without Botman and Lascelles until Dec-Jan, Miley for the first month or two and Tonali until the start of September. Bunce needs to earn his money. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Just me not overly impressed with Villa’s business so far?

Yeah Maatsen is only one I’d want here. I may be miles out 

Edited by gdm

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Olmo to City feels like someone who looks good, goes to Man City and then never plays. 

If they were getting rid of Bernardo it would make sense but they seem desperate to keep him

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

He’s a special player imo;

Special seems like a wild statement tbh. Can see why people think he may come good, but he's certainly nowhere near special or elite. I'll no doubt be eating my words in a few months now I've said this :lol:

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Villa's business is solid, there's a very good player in Onana and Maasten is handy, but I'm not sure they help them kick on from the off.

Yet to be convinced they are better off but til they actually play together you never know. This place is always writing off things that end up good. 

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Onana is very underrated on here for whatever reason. He’s a special player imo; really good signing.

Maatsen’s no slouch either. Decent to very good signings if you ask me, and I absolutely hate the Villa.

Onana by rights should be a special player but I don’t think he is and I’d be surprised if he ever becomes one

25 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Special seems like a wild statement tbh. Can see why people think he may come good, but he's certainly nowhere near special or elite. I'll no doubt be eating my words in a few months now I've said this :lol:

Sorry, I meant “special” as in he’s got a really unique profile, not that he’s an elite-level player (at least not right now, anyway). The guy has all the tools, physically, and still so young; with a manager like Emery that’ll know how to use him, he’ll have a proper breakout season imo. 

Edited by McCormick

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Sorry, I meant “special” as in he’s got a really unique profile, not that he’s an elite-level player (at least not right now, anyway). The guy has all the tools, physically, and still so young; with a manager like Emery that’ll know how to use him, he’ll have a proper breakout season imo. 

Ahhhh my fault, read that totally wrong!