Other clubs' transfers

Greg

16 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Looking at the photos of Fullkrug signing for West Ham, you'd think all the cash he earns as a top level pro footballer he might get those railings sorted out :lol:

If I ever became a millionaire the first thing I'd do is get my teeth ripped out and a bunch of fake and perfect ones put in. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Atletico were asking for 70 million euros for this guy weren't they?!

And Atletico have also just spent that on Alvarez from Man City.

Have Chelsea actually gone and paid that much for him?!!!

He's a young talent, but he's still quite raw and inexperienced. My God man.

Alvarez going for £70m? Crazy figure 

Strikes me as one of those good at everything but excellent at nothing players, who can cover the front 3 quite well but ultimately isn't going to improve a man City 

Or maybe I'm being harsh on him as their team is full of quality 

Man City probably sign someone who can playing attacking CAM to replace Alvarez. They’re content with playing someone like Foden up front or a new guy if needed, but need them to play CM too, which was where Alvarez was popping up quite a bit last season.

3 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Alvarez going for £70m? Crazy figure 

Strikes me as one of those good at everything but excellent at nothing players, who can cover the front 3 quite well but ultimately isn't going to improve a man City 

Or maybe I'm being harsh on him as their team is full of quality 

Nah, fair view and similar to mine. At £70m, you want a top end striker and he’s a good one but not someone that’s going to pump up 20+ season IMO. 

Another quick flip like Ferran Torres few years back, who hasn’t done nowt since.

Happy we're not paying over the odds and moving quickly on to other targets so we don't waste the summer with a pointless exercise. 

I really, really want Ugarte though. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Happy we're not paying over the odds and moving quickly on to other targets so we don't waste the summer with a pointless exercise. 

Longstaff ? You had him in your cross hairs once before 

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Thought the deal was close after all this time?! Any idea how much you guys were offering?

Ugarte has only turned 23 this year. Think around £50 million is still a good deal for him.

Mistake walking away in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Thought the deal was close after all this time?! Any idea how much you guys were offering?

Ugarte has only turned 23 this year. Think around £50 million is still a good deal for him.

Could be an Ashworth tactic 

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah I agree. He'd transform the midfield. 

Maybe it's just waiting on a McTominay sale. Who knows. It didn't sound like our valuations were too far apart but they must be. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Why's McTominay leaving? I thought he was good.

I'd happily have him, he'd a good player to add to our midfield imo 

Edited by NUFC91

2 hours ago, gdm said:

I can’t imagine what their training sessions are like. They’ll be queuing up for a touch of the ball 

Does feel like every day they are signing a player for £20m+ from all over the world.