Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

£65m for Solanke is mental. How much more would it take to have got Watkins? Far less for Toney surely too. 

Sounds like we weren’t interested in Toney (for all sorts of reasons) and why would Villa sell Watkins? He’s a couple of years older too.

I’m distinctly underwhelmed but I’d rather have another striker than not have another striker and he’s English too. I trust the current brains trust to make good calls. Solanke, Richarlison and Lankshear as striking options is pretty good. More concerned about who we bring in as another wide forward.

6 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Sounds like we weren’t interested in Toney (for all sorts of reasons) and why would Villa sell Watkins? He’s a couple of years older too.

I’m distinctly underwhelmed but I’d rather have another striker than not have another striker and he’s English too. I trust the current brains trust to make good calls. Solanke, Richarlison and Lankshear as striking options is pretty good. More concerned about who we bring in as another wide forward.

I don’t dislike Solanke but he’s a West Ham, Everton striker if there ever was one. Given PSR implications that’s a hell of a high risk transfer in my opinion. 

Even a risky punt for Sesko in the hopes he hits the hype around him would have cost similar I’d imagine.