Other clubs' transfers

Greg

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Zubimendi plays in the middle.

Have they not also sold a midfielder to Fulham ? I'm just scared that they are flush with cash looking for a new signing 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Liverpool have plenty of PSR room regardless.

Well they need to keep their dirty scouse hands off our assets 

15 minutes ago, Ben said:

Have they not also sold a midfielder to Fulham ? I'm just scared that they are flush with cash looking for a new signing 

Brentford - Carvalho for £28m. Also about to get £10m for Bobby Clark.

14 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Brentford - Carvalho for £28m. Also about to get £10m for Bobby Clark.

Lad at work reckons they got money out of the Solanke deal as well. 

12 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Got to say I’m impressed we get linked with these players, but they actually sign them.

This one’s a bit gutting tbh - the kid looks class. Brighton don’t sign shit players so you can guarantee this guy will be worth £60m+ in a couple of seasons

30 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Brighton sign a lot of players, the quality of them is quite variable. 

Yeah I think they will start to hit the Leicester problem soon. The more successful you are the greater your reputation becomes the more you’ll get charged and then your are only a few Patson Dakas away from having issues. 

38 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

This one’s a bit gutting tbh - the kid looks class. Brighton don’t sign shit players so you can guarantee this guy will be worth £60m+ in a couple of seasons

Yes that is an absolute guarantee. 

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Yeah I think they will start to hit the Leicester problem soon. The more successful you are the greater your reputation becomes the more you’ll get charged and then your are only a few Patson Dakas away from having issues. 

I genuinely don't think the model is sustainable over the very long term - say 10+ years (see Southampton and Leicester as you mentioned). At some point if you want to kick on you have to become adept at buying more established players in the 30-55m range and keeping hold of them (a bit like we're hopefully doing now).

13 minutes ago, Bunk Moreland said:

I genuinely don't think the model is sustainable over the very long term - say 10+ years (see Southampton and Leicester as you mentioned). At some point if you want to kick on you have to become adept at buying more established players in the 30-55m range and keeping hold of them (a bit like we're hopefully doing now).

It's not really a fair comparison. I think Brighton seem content to keep taking punts on lesser known players and flipping them for profit when the time is right. It only really becomes a problem for them when it consistently fails, or they overextend. It's much more of a club strategy, akin to the RB model, than using a transfer tactic to close a gap to clubs above. That club is built from the ground up to be a cohesive system. They're not reliant on any one player, manager, backroom staff, or DoF. They don't seem to be desperate to push on, break the top four, win trophies, etc. I'm not saying they don't want those things, but it definitely seems like their ethos comes first.

9 minutes ago, Coco said:

It's not really a fair comparison. I think Brighton seem content to keep taking punts on lesser known players and flipping them for profit when the time is right. It only really becomes a problem for them when it consistently fails, or they overextend. It's much more of a club strategy, akin to the RB model, than using a transfer tactic to close a gap to clubs above. That club is built from the ground up to be a cohesive system. They're not reliant on any one player, manager, backroom staff, or DoF. They don't seem to be desperate to push on, break the top four, win trophies, etc. I'm not saying they don't want those things, but it definitely seems like their ethos comes first.

I'm not implying you need to progress from the buying wonderkids wholesale strategy to move into the upper echelons, more that you need to do it in order to insure against finding yourself in a relegation scrap after a string of deals don't work out - like Leicester. We've seen plenty of times over the years how precarious a place in the PL can be.

23 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Not great for our pursuit of Guehi either

If he's had his head turned, it doesn't help Palace at all to block his move. They are going to be seriously minted at this rate