Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Barkley's one of those players that was exactly at the level he should have been (Everton) but stamped his feet to get to a "bigger" club and ended up lower down than when he started, like Stewart Downing when he was desperate to get out of Villa to Liverpool despite not being good enough to play for Liverpool in a month of Sundays.

Grealish made the right choice.

Great signing for Villa that, would have loved Barkley here. Provides good attacking threat from central midfield whilst having a good engine to get about the pitch. If Watkins can make the step up they've got the makings of a decent side there now.

Good signing for us.

However, i hope he turns out better than the last midfielder we borrowed from Chelsea - Drinkwater, who put in, genuinely, three or four of the worst performances I've seen for us since my first game 45 years ago.

Will he start for yous every game brummie[/member]?  Asking for Fantasy Football reasons.

He'll do well there, he's a very good PL player without being anywhere near top tier.  Has loads of great attributes even if football intelligence isn't as high as the top clubs generally need.  He's still more than good enough to be a star player for a midtable team.

Could it mean Grealish is being sold?

No, it means Hourihane has more competition for a place.

Grealish signed a new contract two weeks ago.

He seems to do an okay job for you but Barkley is a massive upgrade on Hourihane unless he's completely fallen off a cliff

He seems to do an okay job for you but Barkley is a massive upgrade on Hourihane unless he's completely fallen off a cliff

Hourihane is a weird one.

Scores goals, has a brilliant free kick on him and often provides assists. But he's one of those who when he has a bad day is utterly invisible.

Scores goals, has a brilliant free kick on him and often provides assists. But he's one of those who when he has a bad day is utterly invisible.

Like Shelvey, minus the bit about freekicks, goals and assists then.

Like Shelvey, minus the bit about freekicks, goals and assists then.

To be fair, when I say what Hourihane adds, I am talking in the context of what we got from our team last season, which was massively underwhelming, so relatively speaking, he adds something.

Always awful and can't even take a set piece for us

We're only interested in a Dembele loan. I'd be very happy with it for now as a Sancho alternative.

No idea why Barca would loan unless you provide a large loan fee.

I suppose we could be desperate enough to get rid of his wages, but we will try to move on many other players before Dembele. That said, this season is probably last chance saloon for him at Barça.

Dest arrived at Barcelona last evening, so I presume his signing will be announced soon. Really looking forward to have him at the club. Always wanted to have a yank (even if he's more of a cuasi-yank) starting for us.

What’s the scoop on young Konrad? Does he have a shot at playing time for the senior team this season?

Dest arrived at Barcelona last evening, so I presume his signing will be announced soon. Really looking forward to have him at the club. Always wanted to have a yank (even if he's more of a cuasi-yank) starting for us.

What’s the scoop on young Konrad? Does he have a shot at playing time for the senior team this season?

Koeman says he likes him but we're stacked at his position, can't see him getting significant playing time. Hopefully we can find a good loan for him because he's too good for the B-team.