Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If it’s to go home I think he’d happily play for £20k or whatever a week.

True, it’s not like he needs the money.

If the limit of Gareth Bale's immediate desires is to get in a Championship side to be able to make the WC in 6 months time then I cannot understand anyone thinking he has the ability anymore to do it in the PL. He might be able to turn it on every now and then but he's telling you himself you cant rely on him and he has little to no desire to convince you he can. If that's what he wants to do then that's what he wants to do, but it says so much imo. He could also have made some kind of move like this himself before now, could have easily cancelled his contract by consent, taken a wage drop and played elsewhere. But now he's left it to this stage and one of his ideas is fucking Cardiff City?  Pfft, that's bleak Gareth. Absolutely bleak. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Guest HTT II

We should be all over that to be honest, however, he’s probably out of our reach at this stage of our resurrection…

Edited by HTT II

Bale showed at Spurs last season that he still has match winning quality. Better than 1 in 2 iirc and a lot of appearances from the bench.  

He’s just not interested in playing elite club football. I think he’s not prepared to put his body throufh what it takes to perform at that level consistently. So his primary concern is just staying fit enough to play intensely for Wales when the time comes.  But for 90 minutes or even 60 minutes twice a week - nope. 

British media have been very kind to him. 

We should swoop in and get Bergwijn for  the 17 odd million Ajax are reportedly bidding for him tbh. He’s come out and said he wants regular football at a good level first and foremost and isn’t fussed about CL. Could even probably get him on a loan with option to buy.

Nah we could go for him imo.  His wages won’t be astronomical. He’s apparently not on 100k at City.  

Not sure pricing others out is a good move though. 

Id love for ya to get Jesus and Raphinha. I think those 2 would make us a top 6-8 side. Add in another 2 or 3 and we could challenge for top 4

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

We should swoop in and get Bergwijn for  the 17 odd million Ajax are reportedly bidding for him tbh. He’s come out and said he wants regular football at a good level first and foremost and isn’t fussed about CL. Could even probably get him on a loan with option to buy.

Bang average. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, The College Dropout said:

Nah we could go for him imo.  His wages won’t be astronomical. He’s apparently not on 100k at City.  

Not sure pricing others out is a good move though. 

Id love for ya to get Jesus and Raphinha. I think those 2 would make us a top 6-8 side. Add in another 2 or 3 and we could challenge for top 4

He’s used to elite level football with City and Brazil, I think we are a few years off signing someone like him sadly, I’d love us to go in for him though and see what could potentially materialise!

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s used to elite level football with City and Brazil, I think we are a few years off signing someone like him sadly, I’d love us to go in for him though and see what could potentially materialise!

Arsenal and Spurs aren’t elite.  We should be looking to eat their lunch. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Arsenal and Spurs aren’t elite.  We should be looking to eat their lunch. 

They are ahead of us though, have more prestige and offer European football, plus London etc.

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Bang average. 

He’s not bang average like, far from it. He’s having to make do with the odd minute here and there because he’s got the likes of Kane and Son (understandably) before him in line, but he’s been consistently amongst Holland’s best players over the past two years, creating and scoring at will from a wide right position. For the money he’d cost, at 24 years of age and just coming into his prime over the next few years, he’d be an absolute steal in a position where we desperately need an improvement to our first XI.

Edited by Unbelievable