Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, leffe186 said:

I mean their recruitment’s been amazing, but they’ve certainly spent big on players. Ten players for £30M+ and three for over £50M. Their keeper cost nearly £60M tbf.

I was joking :lol:

4 hours ago, Ameritoon said:

Definitely does not seem like a forward who fits into their current system. 

4 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I've been massively unconvinced by what I've seen like. But Liverpool rarely miss a step.

I think it's a really good fit for them and for him to be honest.

He's a very athletic, strong and pacy forward that will press aggressively from the front, which is right up Liverpool's street, and when they win the ball back he fits their quick transitions very well.

The main thing that I think will really then give Liverpool a new dimension with him is his ability to attack the ball in the air. Due to the more diminutive players they currently have they don't always take advantage of the numerous crosses TAA and Robertson whip in quite consistently.

Edited by KaKa

4 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Was 90% convinced that Nunez would be a trap, until Liverpool entered with their brilliant record of recent transfers.

I think he's one that could go either way depending on which club he joins.

At Liverpool I see him doing very well, as I think he fits what they do, and Klopp will just get the best out of him.

Had he gone to Man United, with all the changes and current drama, don't think it would have been as much of a certainty.

There is some terrible goalkeeping in the Nunez goal video from this season. He may be a fine striker, but was on the receiving end of some good fortune this year.

It's transition time at Liverpool with Mane and probably Salah too heading for the exit this summer or next. Diaz has made a good start, but they are big boots to fill. Salah probably deserves the wages he's after, so I'm on his side, not theirs. 

I don't watch a lot of European football. So no clue how good or bad Nunez is.

But from what I have read from insiders and journos, there is the feeling inside Liverpool, that clever managers - Conte, Pep, Howe (you gave us a good game), Ancelotti, Tuchel - have figured out how to stop the attack. Lampard's Everton also gave us a good game till the breakthrough goal. We are a bit predictable - there is deep cross from our fullbacks, Salah/Mane either take it to their other foot and cross or their stronger foot and take a shot.  Firmino added the cuteness in our attack but he is loosing form or getting old or has fitness issues. The three finals we played in - we could have played for 10000 minutes and I doubt we would have scored. So I think this signing is Klopp evolving the attack to add a different dimension.

Regarding Salah and Mane. No doubt they will be a big loss. But our transfer committee has been clear that we cannot afford their 400k plus wage demands. They deserve it, no doubt about it. We maybe able to pay them what they want. But we cannot afford the resulting wage inflation - 400K plus will become the benchmark when Jota, Diaz, VVD, Allison negotiate their next contracts. We refused to cross the line with Gini and Can and it seems we are adopting the same with Salah and Mane and Firmino. They seem to be ok letting players go on a free than tie them down to contracts on wages which they think is unaffordable. Whether that is smart, we don't know. But they have earned the trust based on the way they have conducted transfers over the last few years. 

FSG are very clear that they do not want any expense on the club record which can result in financial issues. They are ok going above board for transfer fees - Allison, VVD, and now Nunez (if it works out). But they are very strict about ensuring wages are within a certain percentage of revenue. 

On 09/06/2022 at 05:46, rgk_lfc said:

I don't watch a lot of European football. So no clue how good or bad Nunez is.

But from what I have read from insiders and journos, there is the feeling inside Liverpool, that clever managers - Conte, Pep, Howe (you gave us a good game), Ancelotti, Tuchel - have figured out how to stop the attack. Lampard's Everton also gave us a good game till the breakthrough goal. We are a bit predictable - there is deep cross from our fullbacks, Salah/Mane either take it to their other foot and cross or their stronger foot and take a shot.  Firmino added the cuteness in our attack but he is loosing form or getting old or has fitness issues. The three finals we played in - we could have played for 10000 minutes and I doubt we would have scored. So I think this signing is Klopp evolving the attack to add a different dimension.

Regarding Salah and Mane. No doubt they will be a big loss. But our transfer committee has been clear that we cannot afford their 400k plus wage demands. They deserve it, no doubt about it. We maybe able to pay them what they want. But we cannot afford the resulting wage inflation - 400K plus will become the benchmark when Jota, Diaz, VVD, Allison negotiate their next contracts. We refused to cross the line with Gini and Can and it seems we are adopting the same with Salah and Mane and Firmino. They seem to be ok letting players go on a free than tie them down to contracts on wages which they think is unaffordable. Whether that is smart, we don't know. But they have earned the trust based on the way they have conducted transfers over the last few years. 

FSG are very clear that they do not want any expense on the club record which can result in financial issues. They are ok going above board for transfer fees - Allison, VVD, and now Nunez (if it works out). But they are very strict about ensuring wages are within a certain percentage of revenue. 

That's a very interesting post, thank you. If Nunez can provide you with more of a physical presence down the middle while fitting in with the pace with which you play, then I can imagine things working out. Against Real - a game where I felt you were still unlucky to lose - someone like Nunez might have made the difference.

Incidentally, I don't think Mane and Salah will be nearly as effective in other teams with a different style. They're over-selling themselves a bit.

[emoji38]

I was caught out too to be fair. The screen text said 'Chelsea sign defender Kadeisha Buchanan from Lyon on a three-year deal', and just assumed it was a man with that name, but totally missed the 'FA WSL Breaking News' part.