Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I can't remember another instance where one of the best players for one of the promoted Championship teams is actually on loan from another team in the division

Forest must be kicking themselves they didn't add an option to buy Djed Spence

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

That’s a good price, sick of Tottenham spending money with Conte as a manager. I was enjoying it a lot more when he was throwing a strop 

Was hoping they’d start to fall away but it doesn’t look like they will.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

That’s a good price, sick of Tottenham spending money with Conte as a manager. I was enjoying it a lot more when he was throwing a strop 

Arsenal ruined everything by letting them snatch 4th place.

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

I can't remember another instance where one of the best players for one of the promoted Championship teams is actually on loan from another team in the division

Forest must be kicking themselves they didn't add an option to buy Djed Spence

Boro bouncing though. Don’t even need to replace him with that young lad they’ve got who looked just as good.

On 22/03/2022 at 08:06, HTT II said:

Roberto Carlos was a sensational full-back man, one of the very best. People started to underrate him because he didn’t score a crazy free-kick every time he took one and therefore he wasn’t so good after all. Same applied to Beckham who was a fantastic footballer who lacked pace and true physicality but would dominate a game and grab a team through by the scruff of its neck just by sheer energy, technical ability and leadership.

Didn't do it against Brazil or France.

5 hours ago, gbandit said:

still dont think they have a good enough defense and midfield to compete for anything. The front three is frightening but when theyre up agains the big boys, they turn into a counterattack outfit. If they really want to compete, they’d looks for competition on Holjberg. He’s good but you need two or three others to fight for places. Winks and Skipp will wilt when the chips are down. Eriksen would be perfect for them. I was so upset when they let him go after one poor half season. I know he kind of wanted to go but I felt they could have done more to keep him. 

Edited by Astroblack

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

We gave 4th place to Spurs by beating Arsenal 

Um ... no.

Arsenal had already made a mess of things previously. 

Had no business losing three consecutive games to Crystal Palace, Brighton and then Southampton in April.

A mistake to allow him to slip away. We have the chance to attract a top top player. Cannot miss this even if it’s not a priority atm. Having said that we need his ability. Never mind in transition, but very much for the games where we dominate possession. His understanding with Bruno is amazing too. Great quality at finding space between the lines. This in combo with Bruno’s progressive passing is a dream made in heaven. Plus he gives us that creativity in the centre of the pitch which means we won’t have to rely too much on our wide players. Has the composure and calmness to alloow us to control games much better. Few players of his quality will be available and willing to come to us this window. I genuinely think he’d love to sign for us.

Edited by Ikon

Guest HTT II

I’ve been reading up and watching as much as I can about Paqueta, he’s Zidane like (obviously not as good) in the way he plays, his gait and style, he would be a dreamy signing and seems ideal for our league. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Pokerprince2004 said:

I was listening to a discussion about Paqueta on some podcast (forgot which one) and they were saying he flopped really badly in Italy for AC Milan. Might be a reason why no 'bigger' club have went for him 

Didn’t do Bergkamp, Henry et al any harm. As a younger player from abroad Italy seems to be a tough nut to crack for many. Didn’t Coutinho flop at Inter too?

4 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I was listening to a discussion about Paqueta on some podcast (forgot which one) and they were saying he flopped really badly in Italy for AC Milan. Might be a reason why no 'bigger' club have went for him 

Easy conclusion to make to more or less write someone off based on pretty much nothing but that. Many do it. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Vieira had one season at Milan, played twice, moved on to Arsenal and became one of the best midfielders of his era.

It’s crazy how many top players went to Italy and flopped and then become top players elsewhere.