Other clubs' transfers

Greg

19 minutes ago, Nine said:

There’s a balance to be had, they wage they reportedly have Henderson on is ridiculous and will just alienate the players that just grinded out promotion for them 

If they can attract players of the calibre of Lingard and Henderson I don't see why they wouldn't go for it?

As I've said plenty before, the majority of the players that got them promoted were not PL quality

I also think Forest are going all in as they still see themselves as a big club, who are now back in their rightful place, and never want to run the risk of the pain of the past 23 years again. They have been selling their history and heritage hard to newbie signings. 

43 minutes ago, Nine said:

There’s a balance to be had, they wage they reportedly have Henderson on is ridiculous and will just alienate the players that just grinded out promotion for them 

Henderson’s on loan from Manchester United. It’s the same deal as with Lingard - they pay big wages for a year knowing that if it doesn’t work they’re not lumbered. If it does the players that ground out promotion - half of whom aren’t there any more - are probably not going to give the slightest shit.

Edited by leffe186

14 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

I also think Forest are going all in as they still see themselves as a big club, who are now back in their rightful place, and never want to run the risk of the pain of the past 23 years again. They have been selling their history and heritage hard to newbie signings. 

My personal take on it is that the owner is driving the signings and hoping the manager is good enough to knit them together. It doesn't seem like there's a plan there whatsoever. 

Marinakis is also trigger happy, so a few bad results might well see the end to Cooper.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Barca will have signed 5 first team players if that goes through. For the team that finished 2nd in La Liga.

Some say 5 new faces is too much for us.

Never heard anyone say that, personally. 

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

Weren't a lot of the players that got them up loan signings?

They seem to have a pretty decent recruitment team because they are getting some decent players for really excellent value, which is great going for a team that just came up.

It's a bit like when Villa came up with us. Their loan signings had got them up (Tammy Abraham scored 30 goals) and then they spent over 100 million and stayed up by the skin of their teeth.

3 hours ago, Nine said:

Not sure I agree with this tbh. When they start getting called up for England squads and have had experience playing at the top level for a few seasons, then they can go knocking on the owner's door for more parity. Until then, there'll be a gulf and rightfully so, and players will understand that.

Interesting that Forest have signed two players who were accused of being club leaks at Man Utd.

So far, I've seen very little in terms of improvement from the 3 promoted sides. Luckily for them, Everton and Southampton are in massive trouble IMO.

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not sure I agree with this tbh. When they start getting called up for England squads and have had experience playing at the top level for a few seasons, then they can go knocking on the owner's door for more parity. Until then, there'll be a gulf and rightfully so, and players will understand that.

Could say the same about our self-imposed salary cap too. It’s progression at the end of the day; better players will command bigger salaries.

Edited by McCormick

21 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Good point.

the issue is when you have players of a similar calibre but very different wages. Like at Liverpool the highest wage is an issue because nearly everyone in the first XI is an experienced international, CL level performer for several seasons etc. So if VDV gets 300k, TAA must be close, Salah can argue more etc.

7 hours ago, Ridman said:

A very technical and clever player who can pass and shoot with both feet. Wide range of passing and good at dribbling and working himself out of tight spaces. Good at carrying the ball up the field and likes to dictate the play, always tries to make something happen offensively. Best used in a midfield of three, so I'd see him slotting in perfectly along with Joelington and Bruno. We'd be devastating on the counter with Bruno/Zielinski providing the through balls and popping in outside the box.  Solid fitness record too, taken part in 36 league games on average over the past 6 seasons for Napoli.

A bit inconsistent and I'm not 100% sure of this endurance to play 90 minutes in the premier league, think he has been subbed off at some point in literally every Napoli game I've followed. Still been one of the best midfielders in the Seria A over the past few years and would be a huge upgrade over Shelvey.

Zielinski is amazing. Napoli is a suffocating place to play, and he does run himself into the ground, very highly rated in Italy.