Other clubs' transfers

Greg

PL fans.... have this weird relationship, almost crabs in a barrell like mentality. That we hope clubs that give it a go fail. If not us, I would love for Villa or Leicester or whoever to make that level up permanently. To show others that it can be done.

Some other fans are doing it with us. If it's for moral reasons I don't mind. But purely footballing reasons, isn't 7 teams that can really compete better than 6?

1 hour ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Big fan of Forest going all in. They recognized their Champo squad wasn’t good enough for this level and didn’t hem and haw about replacing it. Jury’s out on whether it’ll be enough to keep them up, but at least they can’t be accused of not trying.

They needed quality but the way they have gone about it is massively risky imo, a huge ask to get all those new players/egos on big wages to gel and harmonise with the squad that grinded out promotion.. can’t see it ending well. Not to mention the gamble they are taking finance wise.

8 minutes ago, Nine said:

They needed quality but the way they have gone about it is massively risky imo, a huge ask to get all those new players/egos on big wages to gel and harmonise with the squad that grinded out promotion.. can’t see it ending well. Not to mention the gamble they are taking finance wise.

Reminds of that season Fulham went down.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

PL fans.... have this weird relationship, almost crabs in a barrell like mentality. That we hope clubs that give it a go fail. If not us, I would love for Villa or Leicester or whoever to make that level up permanently. To show others that it can be done.

Some other fans are doing it with us. If it's for moral reasons I don't mind. But purely footballing reasons, isn't 7 teams that can really compete better than 6?

Put me in the crabs in the barrel bracket. If it's not going to be us, then F them all.

13 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It’s glorious. Every chance they circle the bowl again.

With a fantastice manager like Frank Wankhard in place, what could go wrong?

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

It’s not all that weird though, is it? :lol: I want my team to be great and everyone else to be shit. We can discuss nuance, but that’s the bottom line.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Looks like McNeill to Everton is close to being completed

Good move for him. Frank is very attack minded, and is also decent with young players.

Looks like he'll get to play on the right side now too, as Gordon plays on the left.

He's going to do well there.

Edited by KaKa

9 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

It’s not all that weird though, is it? :lol: I want my team to be great and everyone else to be shit. We can discuss nuance, but that’s the bottom line.

The top 6 has been the top 6 something like 6 out of the last 7 years. Elite level football is so boring and predictable. Most of the same clubs even get promoted and relegated time and again.

I'm happy to see Spurs go on a title tilt. I'm happy to see West Ham and Villa try and crack that top 6. I'm happy to see Forest really try and stay in the PL.

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I'm with you on this. I want the whole league blown wide open, with competitive games for everyone week in and week out.

I think Chelsea are going to dip this season, as there is a whole lot going on over there at the minute. Liverpool might also do so too a bit, adjusting to the loss of Mane and getting Nunez acclimated. And although Haaland has joined Man City, I think they could even need to adjust as well, as they have lost their two most dynamic and direct wide players in Sterling and Jesus.

Going to be a heck of a season IMO.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It’s glorious. Every chance they circle the bowl again.

I think they’ll start awful and Frank will want to be shipped out before it’s his fault and someone else will take them down.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

The top 6 has been the top 6 something like 6 out of the last 7 years. Elite level football is so boring and predictable. Most of the same clubs even get promoted and relegated time and again.

I'm happy to see Spurs go on a title tilt. I'm happy to see West Ham and Villa try and crack that top 6. I'm happy to see Forest really try and stay in the PL.

Yeah I totally get that. On the one hand I like that this season feels unpredictable and that there are maybe more teams than ever challenging for top four or top six. That’s definitely good for football.

The problem is, my true wish is for Elite level football to be boring and predictable in that Spurs win everything.

It's all nonsense, any effort wasted on other teams is just a dilution of support that could be going towards your own club. Every ounce of hatred directed towards Forests, random Uniteds and blah di blah City's just soups up enjoyment of your own club's eventual triumphs that much more.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

On paper Mbabu seems like an excellent signing, but I might be a couple of years behind on what his form's like now. Anyone still got an eye on him?

Was class in Switzerland after us. Pretty sure he was expected to go somewhere bigger than Wolfsburg but he went there anyway. Their fans seem fine with him leaving. Sounds like a bit of a Dummett for them. Fine defensively but questionable going forward and they have a young lad called Baku that seems a lot more attack focused that they'd rather see get game time.

I had a look and apparently he's had Covid twice already without any sign of wanting to get vaxed so I can see why nobody else seems to be in for him and why Wolfsburg wanted rid. Bit of a ticking time bomb in the dressing room.

4 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah I totally get that. On the one hand I like that this season feels unpredictable and that there are maybe more teams than ever challenging for top four or top six. That’s definitely good for football.

The problem is, my true wish is for Elite level football to be boring and predictable in that Spurs win everything.

Nothing is sweeter than winning a league or competition that is more competitive. Absolutely nothing better than that.