Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Isn’t Mount a CM and N’Kunku a wide forward? Don’t understand why they’re being compared. 

Nkunku started off as a wide player before he started playing more centrally between the lines. However now in the last year or so he has played as a forward centrally. 

Whenever i've seen him he's either in a forward role (AM or wide or false 9). Or he's in a midfield 3 with 2 more defensively sound players where he has license to get forward.... so an AM there too.

2 out of Kovacic, Jorginho & Kante as the spine with Mount further ahead or coming off the flanks.

Looking at transfermarkt he's played a lot at CM. I do think it's mostly with 2 of those lot beside.

His style is different and more industrious. But I compare him to Madisson. As in probably ideal at 10 with 2 CM's behind him and an attacker ahead. But can also play off the flanks if needed or as part of a midfeld 3 where he is the most attacking.

But that’s still nothing like mount right who’s best in the midfield but can play in the forward line if need be. Like if I’m doing the England line I always include Mason Mount in the midfield as he can get into good forward positions and can do well in midfield as shown with his assist to Havertz in the CL final. 

i think we all have this dream of Mount becoming Lampard mkii but he’s got some different attributes that managers like to play with. 

Edited by Astroblack

On 08/10/2022 at 20:40, gbandit said:

Maybe he’s really struggled adjusting there, hard to imagine he’s started acting like a dick but maybe if he’s feeling low or irritable it’s affecting his relationships with the rest of his team 

Wasn't it him and Vardy who went to the owners to get Ranieri then Shakespeare the sack?

1 hour ago, Andybiotics said:

Wasn't it him and Vardy who went to the owners to get Ranieri then Shakespeare the sack?

If the manager has lost the dressing room, the captain and senior players talking to the owners/CEO is fair enough IMO. Up to the owners to then decide who to back

• 2 weeks later...

He’s been absolutely phenomenal so far this season, wouldn’t say it’s sad. If he has a good season here and a good World Cup then he should be allowed to piss it up in the MLS without feeling it’s a waste. He could of course continue to play for a top club for a few more years but I get it if we he wants out after this year, if only to play with less pressure on him 

43 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Quite a sad end to Messi's career. Scored 30 league goals the season before he joined PSG. 

He still got 11 goals in 34 appearances in his first season, and has 12 in 17 this year- nothing sad about those figures. He’s bound to decline a little, but he’s still well up there.