Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We must think our LB options are good enough.  Because we are not even involved in this Hall or KT transfer discussions. 

Or we’ve been quoted a prohibitive price by clubs who don’t want to strengthen us? 

On 07/08/2023 at 13:33, Ronson333 said:

got to agree with him on this one, Liverpool a bit of a shamble 

Carra always caters to the fans who throw their toys out of the prams. We got two of our targets done. They weren't expecting the Saudis to bid for Henderson and Fabinho and they definitely were not expecting Henderson to push for the move. The transfers were also a bit protracted as both Henderson and Fabinho needed time to "think" about the move. Once that is done, they are now looking for replacements. I am not saying the LFC transfer committee or scouting is perfect or amazing, but it is definitely not as bad as it has been made out to be. Some of the journos who have inside sources have also said that the Saudi influx of money has sort of confused the market as several clubs are now in the mode of, do we accept or is there a chance of a big Saudi bid incoming? 

Southampton value Lavia at 50 million plus. Which is completely fair as he is their player. They can demand 50 million plus or 100 million plus. It looks like LFC values him around 40 million, according to journalists with insider knowledge. I have no clue how they come up with the 40 million. There is a dance going on now to arrive at a compromise. 

Often, we don't reveal bid details in public like this. I am betting it is the Southampton side releasing the information to get the attention of clubs like Newcastle, Man United or Chelsea. Again, not a criticism. They are using it to drive the price as high as possible.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Why would I put stock in pre season? They literally scored more goals than us, Man U, Villa etc. without a proper goalscorer. The system produced results 

Mate, you are obssesed with Brighton. Every day it  seems you post something gushing over them :lol: 

Aye, he may have mentioned it but I can’t remember it ever coming up. I do think it will matter a lot to him but I think winning something of quality probably matters as much. Not enough to make him throw a proper flounce, think he cares about his image and legacy as well

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Imagine Kane leaving for free next season and them missing out on CL.  That will be the downfall of that club.

I am really surprised that spurs haven’t forced him out. I guess they think they can get him to sign a new deal.