Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Already done but Diaby looking excellent for Villa. It’s a shame as he literally is the right wing version of Harvey Barnes, fast, direct and gets on his left to shoot. Has scored 2 in 2 in the summer series.

Would have been a great fit. 

Yeah odd that two targets we've been linked with for quite a while in Diaby and Franca have gone on to non-mega clubs, for not a whole lot of money. I hope we've pivoted to other, better targets, but it has been awful quiet for us so far.

23 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Yeah odd that two targets we've been linked with for quite a while in Diaby and Franca have gone on to non-mega clubs, for not a whole lot of money. I hope we've pivoted to other, better targets, but it has been awful quiet for us so far.

Maybe they weren’t our main targets and we moved on from them? We’ve signed two key players in key positions and look like we’ll probably bring in Livramento. It’s also likely we’ll bring in a right sided CB so i don’t think the window will be that quiet really and there’s still another month to go anyway. 

17 hours ago, Viana said:

The squad planning at Chelsea is bizarre. I thought they might slow down after January, or at least prioritize departures before signing more players. 

Assuming this goes through that's seven senior central defenders in their first team squad (Trevor Chalobah, Benoit Badiashile, Thiago Silva, Levi Colwill, Welsey Fofana, Malang Sarr and now Axel Disasi).  

Sarr will likely go on loan to Strasbourg. From there it's going to be very hard to share those minutes out, particularly if a certain pair develop momentum. I'm sure Brighton are pleased as they sniff a chance to pick up Colwill. I'd love us to bid for him but it sounds like we're going to try for Lewis Hall instead. 

Either way, it's kind of funny that we were pitched as being a problem for the transfer market when Chelsea are the ones spending vast sums.  

Fofana is a long term crock.  Thiago is almost 39:  
Chalobah

badiashile

colwil

Disasi

With T. Silva in the squad for his leadership and emergency minutes.  

5 hours ago, Emotic said:

Thanks so much FFP, probably a big a factor as any when we have to decide who our priority targets are when the ones we like become available. I'm sure we'd have liked Diaby at that price, but probably couldn't do him and Barnes in the same window.

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Fofana is a long term crock.  Thiago is almost 39:  
Chalobah

badiashile

colwil

Disasi

With T. Silva in the squad for his leadership and emergency minutes.  

That's kind of my point though. 

Right now they're still paying all seven players. Sure, Thiago goes next year, Fofana may be a crock, but that won't get you exemption from their salaries. You've also got players behind Colwill like Alfie Gilchrist and Bashir Humphreys that are going to struggle to get in because they've got a group of big money defenders on long term deals.