Other clubs' transfers

Greg

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We haven’t been linked with him though.

Yes we were according to Bild.

This comes from SportBILD, who report that Newcastle, Aston Villa and Liverpool are all keen on the 20-year-old talent, while Bundesliga giants RB Leipzig, Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich are also thought to be keen.

Gruda is a versatile attacker – he can play down both flanks and as a No.10 – and is on the cusp of a call-up to the German national side after four goals and three assists in 19 starts for Mainz last season.

BILD report that he’s keen to secure a move that will guarantee him regular first-team starts next season and Newcastle are named as one of six clubs taking a serious look, with Eddie Howe in the market for a new right-winger this summer.

However, BILD report that he is currently favouring a move to Leverkusen as the chance to train under Xabi Alonso and play with Florian Wirtz; a fellow German attacker he is keen to emulate after the 21-year-old has shone following regular minutes with the Bundesliga champions.

Edited by Whitley mag

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Got to say I’m impressed we get linked with these players, but they actually sign them.

Brighton have gone all in as a wonder kid factory, for profit.

I don't think this is the approach we are going for.

I love that players and coaches are starting to realize that making the big money move too early can be detrimental to their career, whereas staying at the club that has supported you and allowed you to thrive can allow you to progress better than being a squad rotation player at a "bigger" team, especially if you're going to be the star man at your current club. Like this with Zubimendi and Alonso at Leverkusen.

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

I love that players and coaches are starting to realize that making the big money move too early can be detrimental to their career, whereas staying at the club that has supported you and allowed you to thrive can allow you to progress better than being a squad rotation player at a "bigger" team, especially if you're going to be the star man at your current club. Like this with Zubimendi and Alonso at Leverkusen.

Zubimendi is 25 and would start for Liverpool.

22 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

I read Sociedad wanted him to buy out his own release clause in order to leave, which is £51m

It’s a weird quirk of how Spanish release clauses work. No different to other deals involving them. 

Love how loyal Basque players are. 

1 hour ago, Checko said:

Whenever I hear 'Brajan Gruder' I always imagine Arda Güler but in a false moutashe and plumber disguise for some reason.

I've just been saying Brian in a Welsh accent. Assuming it's a soft J