Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Ronaldo going to City made some warped footballing sense because they need a centre forward and because you would not be surprised at Abu Dhabi responding to Qatar as a powerplay.

A move to Man United makes less sense to me in footballing terms, tbh. 

16 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Got to say after an absolutely brilliant summer of international football I've found this transfer window pretty vulgar and dispiriting all round. 

I’m exactly the same

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Damn, City got played. No Messi, no Kane and now no Ronaldo. Wild. That being said hopefully this turns out like Alexis Sanchez.

Can’t see it. Ronaldo is still so good, if the team can get the ball into the right areas for him he’ll score a load as usual. He’s just too clinical.

This is comfortably the most repulsive window ever. After all the stressing over the financial future of the game, watching a select few clubs wave tens of millions about all over the place on a whim is disgusting. Games gone.

Stand by what I said the other day generally about these transfers but Ronaldo to ManU rather than Man City is definitely more palatable for the neutral who'd like to pretend there's any romance left at all at the very top of the club game. 

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Be nice to see Bruce having a good laugh after we get hammered.

Well ah have to say like, they've got one of the best players in the world. We cannat compete with that like. Aside from the double hat trick Ronaldo scored we didn't lose on the night. We was unlucky. We just have to rurl wa sleeves up, dust wasels down and go again next weekend