Other clubs' transfers

Greg

18 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Has there been any criticism of Ronaldo for going to Man City like the criticism Messi got for going to PSG

Well, it’s slightly different in the fact Ronaldo will be joining a competitive league whereas Messi has signed for a one team league.

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Well, it’s slightly different in the fact Ronaldo will be joining a competitive league whereas Messi has signed for a one team league.

And Messi had been a one team player up until that point. 

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The team that have won 7 of the last 9 titles and finished 2nd on the two rare occasions they didn’t win it. Yes.

The overall quality of Ligue 1 is absolutely wank.

Sure, they're the dominant force. But calling it a one team league when they didn't even win it last season is ludicrous. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Sure, they're the dominant force. But calling it a one team league when they didn't even win it last season is ludicrous. :lol:

They’ve won 7 out of the last 9 titles.

Their squad ‘market value’ is three times higher than their closest competitor and accounts for 1/3 of the whole league combined.

Their owners are worth more than all of the other clubs in France’s top two leagues, combined.

It’s a one team league in every definition and a once in a blue moon season where they change manager and go through a bit of a transition doesn’t remove that.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He didn’t sign for Lille 

30 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They’ve won 7 out of the last 9 titles.

Their squad ‘market value’ is three times higher than their closest competitor and accounts for 1/3 of the whole league combined.

Their owners are worth more than all of the other clubs in France’s top two leagues, combined.

It’s a one team league in every definition and a once in a blue moon season where they change manager and go through a bit of a transition doesn’t remove that.

Could bring similar stats on the table regarding Man City and their wealth / dominance

Guest HTT II

If City sign Ronaldo, I may struggle to keep my 7 year old from supporting them, I’ll trade that in by taking him to watch his hero live in any given match, as much as I hate all things NUFC, my boys know they only have one club and even if they don’t like football or care for it, their club will always be Newcastle United. 

19 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Achraf Lazaar has signed for Portimonense in Portugal. Wonder if he'll manage to get into double figures in appearances for this team. 

Done alright there, could think of worse places to spend a season than on the Algarve.

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah, fair point. Just for like a slightly lower wage you could go live somewhere really cool, and experience a different side of the world like 99% of the population don't have that. I think if I was a player and I was not PL level, I'd be playing abroad for sure.

Id have certainly fancied a stint in Holland and Scandinavia, like.

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah, fair point. Just for like a slightly lower wage you could go live somewhere really cool, and experience a different side of the world like 99% of the population don't have that. I think if I was a player and I was not PL level, I'd be playing abroad for sure.

Me too. Though some seem to struggle with adapting to new cultures/ languages. Michael Owen is a good example. 

If he goes to PSG then Messi will probably never equal or better his CL winning record. It'd also be another one of the top 5 league titles in the bag. Makes the most sense unless he wants to walk to another PL medal.