Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, gdm said:

Tbf it doesn’t take much to improve on Chris Wood. Giving them £25m to do so was lunacy. All that nonsense about weakening Burnley was just that. Nonsense 

He's literally one of a handful of players that have scored 10+ goals a season for the last 5 years, you're painting him out to be utter tripe which is clearly nonsense.

Just now, 54 said:

He's literally one of a handful of players that have scored 10+ goals a season for the last 5 years, you're painting him out to be utter tripe which is clearly nonsense.

He’s on the decline. He’s been dreadful this season. It’s always good to have a look what other clubs fans say about their players and most Burnley fans weren’t arsed about him leaving and some were even glad about it. 

i hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Tbf it doesn’t take much to improve on Chris Wood. Giving them £25m to do so was lunacy. All that nonsense about weakening Burnley was just that. Nonsense 

We did overpay, yes. We were desperate and needed someone in short term. Who would also hang about and do a job in the Championship next season, if required. 

He hasn’t looked great, but he has been part of a team that got 4 points in Jan. If we get some results next month and maybe he chips in with a few, before Wilson is hopefully back. Then it won’t seem so bad. 

As for this other bloke being an improvement? How the fuck do we know that and that he’s going to score more? 

Wood is proven in this league. But is having a bad season by his standards. This bloke looks like a statue that has been playing in the high scoring Bundesliga. Coming into an awful team mid-season. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

We did overpay, yes. We were desperate and needed someone in short term. Who would also hang about and do a job in the Championship next season, if required. 

He hasn’t looked great, but he has been part of a team that got 4 points in Jan. If we get some results next month and maybe he chips in with a few, before Wilson is hopefully back. Then it won’t seem so bad. 

As for this other bloke being an improvement? How the fuck do we know that and that he’s going to score more? 

Wood is proven in this league. But is having a bad season by his standards. This bloke looks like a statue that has been playing in the high scoring Bundesliga. Coming into an awful team mid-season. 

Hope you are right 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Weghorst will score more than Wood. Great laugh 

I have not seen him, so I don't know. But if you are sure about it i believe you.

Just find it pathetic that we care so much about what they sign and if we "help" Burnley strengthen by getting Wood.

6 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I haven’t made any knee jerk predictions? I’m just questioning yours? 

He ‘may’ improve Burnley and he ‘might’ score more than Wood. They could still go down, as could we. 

All guesswork at this stage. 

I stand by thinking giving the team In relegation battle £25m for an average striker is lunacy. That’s hardly ‘kneejerk’

Weghorst is your classic big man up top. He's very limited, but knows where the back if the net is.

That said, I'm always wary with strikers from the Bundesliga, for every Son or Firmino you get a Haller or a Jovic. He's definitely more like the latter two from a technical point of view. Similarly to Wood, after declining figures this year Wolfsburg feel they've seen his best years and want to move him on.

Part of the reasons the goals dried up for Wood was the form of players like McNeil. If that continues, he'll be feeding off scraps as well.

He's better than what they have for sure, but it just feels like a massive sideways step from Wood.

7 minutes ago, High Five o said:

I have not seen him, so I don't know. But if you are sure about it i believe you.

Just find it pathetic that we care so much about what they sign and if we "help" Burnley strengthen by getting Wood.

That’s the position we are in sadly. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

West Ham supposed to have bid £50m for Kalvin Phillips. Go and get him and there’s our midfield for the next 5-7 years.

There’s not a chance leeds would sell Phillips or raphinha in January. Seems strange from West Ham

10 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

We’ve got what we needed out of Wood in those two games, Wilson will be back and we’ll have someone else come in before Mondays over.

I think every squad needs a big striker just to have an option. We probably overpaid for Wood but I think he will help keep us up this year.

32 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

West Ham supposed to have bid £50m for Kalvin Phillips. Go and get him and there’s our midfield for the next 5-7 years.

Wonder if that means they’re selling Rice either now or the summer. 

37 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

add Raphina and make that £100.