Other clubs' transfers

Greg

33 minutes ago, brummie said:

Cover at right back and centre half, now Tuanzebe has gone.

A free transfer, so i can see the thinking. 

Tuanzebe was a loaner and not really particularly good tbh so I am fine with this.

He was on a free? How come?

18 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Holland I'll grant you, but Bundesliga?

I don't think these league comparisons based on a few individuals' records work all that well. A player might be good for one club and not for another even in the same country, so you can't put everything on the league for starters. Owen was a 1 in 2 striker at Liverpool and in his year at Madrid only managed 1 in 3 and failed. Similarly Bale was on fire for Spurs and failed at Madrid as well. What does this tell us about the strength of the PL and La Liga? I suspect not a great deal per se, since I think the average level in the PL (opposition defenders) is probably higher than anywhere else. A player however has to feel at ease and must fit his new surroundings. There's more to player performance than which league they  perform(ed) well in.

Bale failed at Madrid? What? :lol:

9 hours ago, wyn davies said:

If not previously mentioned Manure Diallo to Rangers on loan no option to buy, bet they weren't being screwed for the loan 

Manure. :anguish:

Diallo to Rangers is beneficial for both parties. He'll get first team experience at a big club.

Lingard to Newcastle doesn't benefit us in the slightest, hence the more intense negotiations.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Manure. :anguish:

Diallo to Rangers is beneficial for both parties. He'll get first team experience at a big club.

Lingard to Newcastle doesn't benefit us in the slightest, hence the more intense negotiations.

What if Lingard being a clear upgrade on what we have is the difference between some of your rivals for the European places dropping points against us? 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

What if Lingard being a clear upgrade on what we have is the difference between some of your rivals for the European places dropping points against us? 

We understand that this won't be the case. I'd nearly straight swap for Ritchie.