Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

Think there's a strong chance Arsenal will come calling tbh. And that he'd go.

They may want a safe bet to ease in the post Wenger transition, someone experienced in the PL who is still capable of mounting a CL challenge and winning cups. I could see him being on a list, but I’m not sure Rafa would want another job that will be for 2 years or so. Either way he will use any interest, real or media speculated, to his advantage or try to.

Noticed Atsu is injured, got me thinking we really don't get many injuries these days.  Prior to Rafa we had a crazy reputations for the amount of injuries we had.

It’s no coincidence really - it’s down to better coaching and conditioning.

I mean it’s only a few years ago we were using wheelie bins as ice baths.

Noticed Atsu is injured, got me thinking we really don't get many injuries these days.  Prior to Rafa we had a crazy reputations for the amount of injuries we had.

It’s no coincidence really - it’s down to better coaching and conditioning.

I mean it’s only a few years ago we were using wheelie bins as ice baths.

Totally. And players actually wanting to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rafa Benitez is expected to get the green light for shopping spree from Mike Ashley this summer - but the club hierarchy want to continue living within their means.

It is believed that a new contract offer is also set to be on the table for Benitez and Ashley is relaxed about his manager’s future, despite having just one year left on his current deal.

Talks between both parties are yet to commence but United sources are confident that they can arrive at a positive outcome this summer.

Understandably, the Magpies will not go public on how much they have to spend in the next window as they don’t want to alert competitors on their available transfer funds.

However, after guiding the club to Premier League safety in their first season back in the top flight Rafa Benitez will be trusted with funds to help the club grow again next season.

United should bank around £80-£120million from TV revenue and prize money for finishing in mid-table with Benitez expected to get a fair portion of that sum - along with money generated from player sales.

Guest hydeous

I've seen that figure bandied about a bit, regarding TV money. Obviously not all of it can go new player signings. What's the amount of money that would go into the regular expenses at the club? Player wages, Rafa's well deserved salary, maintenance, etc? Is there a simple looking breakdown somewhere for the financially illiterate, just to understand what sort of money Rafa can spend if he had full control over the finances?

Expect Rafa to get a McClaren sized budget, which wil just about keep him around but will limit the height of our ambitions.

I think he can do more than you expect with about £80m, not including players sales. Look who he signed at who he signed at Napoli for £40m.

But then again, the market has changed post-Neymar and actions will speak louder than words in the close season.

Expect Rafa to get a McClaren sized budget, which wil just about keep him around but will limit the height of our ambitions.

I think he can do more than you expect with about £80m, not including players sales. Look who he signed at who he signed at Napoli for £40m.

But then again, the market has changed post-Neymar and actions will speak louder than words in the close season.

:thup: I've said it a few times but I really do think Rafa with a McLaren-sized budget is better than even double that with most managers, especially in the Premier League.

He knows what he wants to build and he'll buy the best players for that. He won't just go and throw a shedload at God knows who and hope it sticks i.e. Everton. Just giving Rafa a 'fair' budget would put us above the majority of the league instantly just because of his ability.

Give Rafa £80m this summer and we’d be challenging for Europe next year.

Yep. :thup:

I agree with your overall point Figures btw. We really can fucking go places under Rafa. The fat controller at the top is the biggest hindrance in the PL.

To be honest like if he was given 100million I'd like to think he'd put like 25million into our academy facilities and everything. Benitez has always said this is a project for him and I think he'd be looking to do something like that in all honesty. (Maybe not that much like... ). I would say we're like 2 players away from Leicesters level but we might finish above them yet and Burnley are having a similarly good season to us! Probably over performing. So in that case we're about 3 or 4 players from being Arsenal or Chelsea... [emoji38] :thup:

Guest covmag

ive said it before, to sign the 3 loanees £50 million is needed approx, that leaves him with very little else unless he generates it, so essentially if we landed all 3 of them we have room for 1-2 more players.

im expecting the worst, fwiw i dont think we will sign kennedy as his stock has shot up and bigger sharks will get him.

i'd be happy for Rafa to have a similar season lads, already above is talk of Europe, essentially we have overachieved this season imho and another year of steady building is needed, we need to do a Burnley in truth  O0

If Slimani is valued at more than 20m, we wont be going near him. I suspect Rafa will be able to get someone better in for that, even in the age of daft transfers.

Dubravka is going to cost us around 4m IIRC.

No one knows on Kenedy. We might get him back on loan but if a bidding war starts, we will get blown out of the water by someone like Everton (who have more money than brains).

If the fat wanker is still the owner then I still think Rafa will get £80m plus whatever he recoups from sales which could easily be £40m - £50m (Mitro, Mbemba, Sels / Darlow (or both) and maybe even Gayle)!