Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Rafa on transfer talks with Charnley:

I was talking with Lee Charnley before the game and I’ll maybe see him after the game.

I’m not saying we’re not working, but we had things lined up.

Rafa on deals:

I am confident we can do it. If you’re asking me if it’s ideal I would say no because the way I like to work is to do things early but if we can’t do that we have to work.

I hope so (we can do it).

Because he thinks the manager is capable of motivating a team without shelling out for a substantial bonus.  Now that we finished 10th last season he sees this as overperformance and thinks that 17th will be a doddle so no extra money is being put up.

Sickening scenario this is turning out to be. But part of me feels that Rafa leaving will signal the beginning of the end of the Ashley years as surely this will be the final straw for enough people as we then proceed to plummet down out of the division. It HAS to be. God I bloody hope so.

Sickening scenario this is turning out to be. But part of me feels that Rafa leaving will signal the beginning of the end of the Ashley years as surely this will be the final straw for enough people as we then proceed to plummet down out of the division. It HAS to be. God I bloody hope so.

Only if he went now, middle of the season or was sacked. If he drifts away at the end of his deal I don't think there will be much fuss.

He goes now then he does himself a massive favour and gets away from these idiots and I think it will be the catalyst for something big to kick off.

Guest covmag

Worrying. The end of Rafa at NUFC is nigh, fellas. He's gotta be close to jacking in.

he's a cany bloke so will see his contract out then we lose him, another Ashley fuck up to add to the list

Worrying. The end of Rafa at NUFC is nigh, fellas. He's gotta be close to jacking in.

he's a cany bloke so will see his contract out then we lose him, another Ashley fuck up to add to the list

The only person he is doing a favour too by not leaving now is Ashley

Might be Rafa feels he owes the players he's brought in (well the ones he got anyhoo) to see his contract out, Schar for instance said he joined because of Rafa.

Allardyce is definitely angling for the job next summer, especially after that olive branch by Mike Ashley in his last sky interview.

The propaganda machine is already in full swing and will be doing everything to tarnish Rafa between now and then, the more effective they are, the less anger there will be from us when it happens.

Still loads looking forward to the excitement of match day somehow

Yeah I'm really excited for our game & seeing the new lads get their first run-outs at St James' despite the best efforts of our owner to zap the spirit and feel good factor from the club. That said I won't be buying tickets or anything else.