Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

The 52000 who presently attend matches are as much to blame as Ashley ...it takes two to tango

:lol:

In stupidity scale that's about the same as saying the victim of domestic violence is just as much to blame for staying in the relationship as the abuser.

It’s not like  :rolleyes:

It is like. They arent helping get rid of him but to say they are to blame for it is idiotic.

The 52000 who presently attend matches are as much to blame as Ashley ...it takes two to tango

In stupidity scale that's about the same as saying the victim of domestic violence is just as much to blame for staying in the relationship as the abuser.

It is like. They arent helping get rid of him but to say they are to blame for it is idiotic.

They all deserve Pardew as well iirc.

This has been to done to death, but the Rangers fans who opposed Ashley at their own club, said that it didn't particularly matter whether you went to games or not. Negative publicity for Ashley and for Sportsdirect should be the target, that being the only thing he truly cared about. Obviously that requires folk to get off their arses and do something, as opposed to lecturing to people on a message board.

I'd say they were in a better position to talk about it than most.

There can be no excuse for the way we (didn’t) play last night and that team should have still been more than capable of beating Forest.

People outraged at some being unhappy and questioning or even criticising Rafa need some context when we play so badly and lose to a Championhsip team.

Fans by and large have been very supportive and kind of forgiving when it comes to the turgid and very defensive way we have often played under Rafa because it got us out of the Championship, kept us up last season and due to the lack of investment in the squad, as Howey said, he is almost managing with his hands tied. That and Mike Ashley!

In that context it’s easy to see why fans don’t kick off over the way we play like they once would have done under say Pardew or Allardyce.

But in the context of a cup tie against a Championhsip side where for once it is us who are the bigger team and with the better players, to lose in the manner we did is unacceptable and Rafa should rightly be questioned and even criticised.

What matters is any questioning and criticism meeted out by fans is done so based on context and doesn’t boil over into hysteria and hyperbole.

My main issue with Rafa and this goes back a long time now is our passing game which is exceptionally poor. It doesn’t appear to me anyway that we practice our passing game much or that we rely on Shelvey to make it work and even then he has to play exceptionally well as an individual for it to work.

It’s Pardew levels of football when on the ball. Defensively despite how ragged we have been, we seem to execute the basics very well and this is obviously the foundation Rafa has laid out for the team which I get and can totally understand.

It served us so well last season, but it’s no use defending well or having a decent defensive shape if we cannot then go forward and execute an attack to beat the likes of Forest which we showed and have done in many similar games that we can’t.

For Rafa and the team he needs to find another solution soon, because what worked before, isn’t working now and we are seeing in how the players are performing that they are becoming increasingly bereft of confidence and motivation to keep playing that way because it demands too much of them and becomes brittle when certain players aren’t in the side or are having an off game.

I still think he will keep us up, but only just and it will be really ugly on and off the stands.

Absolutely agree and even though Rafa is working in chains he is not exempt from criticism and does not get a free pass on everything. That last night and the tactics and way we approached the game on sunday was nothing short of an absolute disgrace and he needs to take a long hard look at himself over it. No team should ever approach a home game against a team in the same division the way we did on Sunday. We approached that game as if we were a conference side playing a premier league team in a 3rd round FA Cup match. Last night was totally inexcusable also you can bang on about lack of funds/players being utter shite but we should still have enough in reserve to be able to beat a team a division below us instead of being outplayed and embarrassed by them. We have now lost to lower league opposition in the last 3 seasons in this competition and im getting sick to death of us in effect throwing our only real chance as fans of seeing our team lift a trophy away year on year. Because its Rafa though theres no where near as much criticism as Pardew got for the likes of the Brighton and Stevenage disasters

This season is going to be one absolute shit storm which will only end up 1 way the writing is on the wall already and Rafa needs to make a decision now rather than just see it out until the ship sinks in May

Guest firetotheworks

Monkey mitts at it again - some superb replies!

Think we all need to make the effort to ignore the irrelevant prick tbh, he's reaping the rewards of us biting when it's all blatantly obvious trolling. He has absolutely no capacity for feeling embarrassed at how unbelievably clueless he comes across as.

Guest firetotheworks

Made the mistake of reading the rest of the posts in this thread didn't I? It's a fucking sewer and the usual suspects are out in force, having not learned a fucking thing from last season. Waah, I don't like Ashley either, but there's no excuse for playing like that. Yes there is. Ashley. And yet again you're allowing his neglect to be given a free ride every time you mention how you think Rafa should still be doing X, Y, and Z in the circumstances.

Made the mistake of reading the rest of the posts in this thread didn't I? It's a fucking sewer and the usual suspects are out in force, having not learned a fucking thing from last season. Waah, I don't like Ashley either, but there's no excuse for playing like that. Yes there is. Ashley. And yet again you're allowing his neglect to be given a free ride every time you mention how you think Rafa should still be doing X, Y, and Z in the circumstances.

I get what you are saying and I agree but I want Rafa to go as he doesn't deserve this and doesn't need this. The line when he first came was is if Rafa is still here it means everything is been done properly as he won't stand for anything less. Well he has been royally shafted big time and now hung out to dry by Ashely. Best thing he can do for himself is just leave. 

Like Geordiedean said people are sick to death of the club constantly chucking away our only chances to ever see us win something. This is the worst state we have been in as a club in my lifetime with no hope and nothing to get behind. We could all see before the Spurs match it was a dead season. Rafa just needs to get on with it, yes we know it's all Ashley's fault but he's been hung out to dry so either stay and get on with it or just leave now for his own good.

Him been here hasn't stirred the fans against Ashley so maybe him leaving will. We have nothing to lose at this point anyhow.

They guy is subject to an active media campaign against him by his own boss, whilst his players have to see that happening and all involved are supposed to progress is some way? You've no chance. Maybe its novel to be critical of him because it comes boring just saying 'fucking ashley'' or people feel they are powerless against him.

Monkey mitts at it again - some superb replies!

Think we all need to make the effort to ignore the irrelevant prick tbh, he's reaping the rewards of us biting when it's all blatantly obvious trolling. He has absolutely no capacity for feeling embarrassed at how unbelievably clueless he comes across as.

He should stick to banging his daughters friends or fantasizing about smashing cookie colemans wife

I get what you are saying and I agree but I want Rafa to go as he doesn't deserve this and doesn't need this. The line when he first came was is if Rafa is still here it means everything is been done properly as he won't stand for anything less. Well he has been royally shafted big time and now hung out to dry by Ashely. Best thing he can do for himself is just leave. 

Like Geordiedean said people are sick to death of the club constantly chucking away our only chances to ever see us win something. This is the worst state we have been in as a club in my lifetime with no hope and nothing to get behind. We could all see before the Spurs match it was a dead season. Rafa just needs to get on with it, yes we know it's all Ashley's fault but he's been hung out to dry so either stay and get on with it or just leave now for his own good.

Him been here hasn't stirred the fans against Ashley so maybe him leaving will. We have nothing to lose at this point anyhow.

I agree with everything you have said and we all as fans know that our only hope of seeing us ever win anything in our lifetimes is via one of the cup competitions yet we treat them as a hindrance and with utter contempt. you only have to win 6 games FFS to win one so why not treat them as if every game is the final?. Id gladly take us finishing plum last in the premier league with 20 points if we won a cup

Look at our record in the FA cup since Ashley took over its worse than some teams in league 1 and 2 and the league cup is nothing short of an embarrassment 32 fucking years since we got past the quarter final

Guest firetotheworks

Rafa being here hasn't stirred the fans against Ashley. [emoji38] If you honestly believe that then I dunno what to say tbh.

He has stirred the fans more than anyone in a long time. I meant against Ashley. He is keeping a lot of flak off Ashely at the moment Ashely has shafted him and using him as a shield. He removes himself from the situation then it's all on Ashely which is what we need. The average match goer isn't going to kick up a fuss while Rafa is here and we are in the pl

Let's be honest, none of us on here when he agreed to stay would have imagined him to have been hung out to dry like he has and still he here.

Rafa being here hasn't stirred the fans against Ashley. [emoji38] If you honestly believe that then I dunno what to say tbh.

After the hammerings he received off the preious incumbants he must be glad Rafas towing the line  :pardsgrin: :carverlick:

This post from RAWK nails it like..

"This is the key point in all of it. Newcastle as a club and city should see us as a case study of what's going on. Rafa blowing the lid on what an absolute shambles the ownership is, the said shit owners getting their media buddies to build a narrative against the manager, and before you know it, you have a 'safe pair of old English hands' as a manager. Do not fall for the trap! Rafa is on a war path, and it is for the good of the club and city."

:clap:

This post from RAWK nails it like..

"This is the key point in all of it. Newcastle as a club and city should see us as a case study of what's going on. Rafa blowing the lid on what an absolute shambles the ownership is, the said shit owners getting their media buddies to build a narrative against the manager, and before you know it, you have a 'safe pair of old English hands' as a manager. Do not fall for the trap! Rafa is on a war path, and it is for the good of the club and city."

:clap:

That's it. Anyone who can't see that simply doesn't want to imho and is very welcome to watching the inevitable shitball under Fat Sam or some other fucktard prepared to take Ashley's money in lieu of their self-respect.

So should Rafa get on with it (what he's doing now) or leave?

Maybe try to stick to one opinion inside one post. I think you're confusing yourself nevermind everyone else.

The way I see it, if he somehow manages to resurrect this shit heap into a side that doesn’t get relegated, it’s only kicking the can down the road.

If he’s not going to sign a new contract (and why would he) it’s just delaying our misery.

The best thing that can happen once he goes is a mass walk out. For the city to turn its back (not on the club) but on Mike Ashley. And to not return until Ashley is gone.

It shouldn’t be up to us to get rid of this cunt. Let natural causes do their work. Pancreatic cancer would be good. Quick and nasty.

Next summer will be a bigger fucking mess than this one. The players we sold replaced by loans, the decent players in our squad looking to move for obvious reasons.

Can’t really emphasise how bad this situation is.

Guest chopey

The way I see it, if he somehow manages to resurrect this shit heap into a side that doesn’t get relegated, it’s only kicking the can down the road.

If he’s not going to sign a new contract (and why would he) it’s just delaying our misery.

The best thing that can happen once he goes is a mass walk out. For the city to turn its back (not on the club) but on Mike Ashley. And to not return until Ashley is gone.

It shouldn’t be up to us to get rid of this cunt. Let natural causes do their work. Pancreatic cancer would be good. Quick and nasty.

Next summer will be a bigger fucking mess than this one. The players we sold replaced by loans, the decent players in our squad looking to move for obvious reasons.

Can’t really emphasise how bad this situation is.

This, its just death by a thousand cuts just now

I mean, fair enough yes he has made some mistakes so far this season (every manager makes mistakes), he also made mistakes in the Championship and last season, but where we end up is what counts, 1st in the Championship and top half last season, let's have some patience and understand that he is working wonders under an owner who is deliberately trying to fuck him over, and focus our discontent firmly on the ONE person responsible for fucking up Newcastle United.