Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

He’s walking us blindly into relegation right now.

Ashley has shafted him but I don’t think he’s doing the best with what he has got any more. First move should be to play two or three up front.

Meh, he's just repeating what he's already said a hundred times. The players will perform better if there's 50,000 fans going absolutely barmy every week, of course they will. But that isn't happening anyway so the seats are better off empty. Blame your boss, Rafa.

So horribly ironic that Rafa only stayed because of his emotional attachment he felt towards the area and the fans and because of Ashley it looks like the fans will leave him high and dry.

As if he would say anything else. :lol:

He's known all along what we feel about the owner and the way the club is run, privately I'm sure he understands and supports the cause.

Don't say anything then and it reminds me of that laughable joint letter straight after the transfer window. You have the Magpie Group trying desperately to come up with ways of putting Ashley under pressure by unifying the support as best as possible and then he comes out and says that.

He’s walking us blindly into relegation right now.

Ashley has shafted him but <b>I don’t think he’s doing the best with what he has got any more</b>. First move should be to play two or three up front.

And what does he have exactly? I've personally never known us have a squad that was so far behind every other team in just about every department. The football and results are shite because the squad is shite.

maybe a change and some fresh ideas might pull us out the shit we are in.

Totally agree and if he brings 8 £25 million players with him we'll be fine.

we’ve seen what the team are capable of in the 1st half against Man U.

:lol: Yup that's definitely the norm and not the anomaly.

They know he won't sign it but it looks, to the neutral, like they're trying to be reasonable. They'll use the fact he refused to sign against him in the summer too. All part of the plan to deal with the backlash of Rafa leaving and/or relegation in May. Failure on this scale doesn't just plan itself, got to look ahead and predict how and when we're going to crash and burn, it's a fine art.

No, I genuinely think the club wants him to stay. The unclear future of Rafa does affect the team's morale and the club wants this cleared asap to boost the dress room.

But yea they still don't give what Rafa wants. So Rafa please continue to ignore. Don't back down.