Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

If he gets iron clad assurances that he can sign more Almiron type priced players, he will stay IMO. As much as I have my burn it all to get rid of MA feeling, if they finally made Rafa happy I'd say long may it continue in the top flight.

Guest reefatoon

If he gets iron clad assurances that he can sign more Almiron type priced players, he will stay IMO. As much as I have my burn it all to get rid of MA feeling, if they finally made Rafa happy I'd say long may it continue in the top flight.

That's the main thing. Just run it properly, that's all people want to see, a normal functioning football club.

I'd much prefer not wasting my brain power and emotion on hating MA and wishing for all this shit to burn down for 2-3 seasons to get rid of him, to then build it back up for 2-3 seasons. Just want to carry on talking actual football tactics, players, rumors etc. with you lot, having some hope we could win something and/or build something under Rafa and be in the PL.

That's the main thing. Just run it properly, that's all people want to see, a normal functioning football club.

it's all anyone has ever wanted, no cunt him to put his own money in...just balance the books and spend what we can to improve the team in line with what the manager wants

he'll find a way to fuck this brief period of not hating everything for us, no doubt about it

Only thing that makes me think he's staying is almirion saying he only joined to work with Rafa. Wonder if Rafa told him he's sticking around? Still doubt he's going to, if he does will be out of pity for us fans  :lol:

Where did he say that?

Can't find the quote now but fairly sure he said Rafa was what attracted us to him, maybe not only thing but doubt much more. Shouldnt be a surprise Rafa is our best asset to attract anyone

Rafa:

"Yesterday, with only a few hours until the closure of the transfer window, we have reached agreements for two signings:

“Miguel Almirón, an attacking midfield from Atlanta United FC in the Major League Soccer in USA and Antonio Barreca,a left-back from AS Monaco.

“In the case of Miguel Almirón, he was a star player at Atlanta United FC, current winners of the MLS cup with the club being founded just five years ago.

“We have been following Miguel Almirón for a while and we think he will add pace to our attack playing behind the striker or even like a winger.

“He is really focused and wants to do well.

“He wants to be successful and he wants to help the team, to score goals and give assists if possible. It’s a pleasure to welcome him to Newcastle.

“Our other addition who it’s also pleasure to welcome is Antonio Barreca, an Italian player from AS Monaco who comes to reinforce the left wing.

“The left-back/left-wing-back position is one we’ve been looking to strengthen for a while and he has quality, good delivery and is good going forward.

“With these two reinforcements, both with an offensive mentality, we will try to improve overall and find the balance, like we did in the last game against Manchester City.

“I want to thank all those involved for all the work and effort in improving the squad after this tough and ‘long’ transfer window.

“So we are looking now to the future and prepare the complicated game against Tottenham.

“C’MON TOONS!!!”

:smitten: :smitten:

Guest neesy111

Rafa staying isn't just about transfers, he wants the training ground upgraded, he wants the academy upgraded.

It's going take a lot more than a £20m player and loan signing to convince Rafa to carry on imo.

Exactly.  I also think the club's main reason to sign almiron is to sell at a bigger price if he succeeds.

Rafa staying isn't just about transfers, he wants the training ground upgraded, he wants the academy upgraded.

It's going take a lot more than a £20m player and loan signing to convince Rafa to carry on imo.

Exactly.  I also think the club's main reason to sign almiron is to sell at a bigger price if he succeeds.

As ever, no ambition for us as a club. Just the money making schemes of Ashley really is our only ambition.

It's never going to happen. Ashley is a fucking liar.

I hope Rafa doesn't fall for it.

http://www.mixdownmag.com.au/sites/default/files/images/bootsy%20warwick%20bass.jpg

‘I remember JC...his licks were the shit. I mean his guitar playing was whack but that mouth jus’ never stopped. Played bass 12 years in the Trump administration. Heady days man but JC  got distant, tripped out - starting thinkin he was talkin to ghosts an shit. And then he left. Yeah but that was John - crazy lasagne face muthafucka’

Bringing in Paul Merson would be absolutely amazing. It would make John Carver & the Trump administration look competent.

Sounds like the shittest funk band ever :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: