Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Signing Rondon secures our Premiership statue under Rafa for at least the next 2 seasons and probably next under a new manager. Easiest decision Ashley has to make.

:lol: I wonder what happens.

:lol: should I turn in this winning powerball ticket or take the mystery box???

I know its body language territory and everything but Rafa seemed in a bloody good mood in his presser. Hardly like a man who was expecting to up root.

His "10 days" thing, seemed in relation to West Broms play offs with regards Rondon, rather than his own future.

MA does not see us as a football club but as a business who's sole purpose is to make money, not to please a load of supporters.  He could stick in £80 mill  get us up to 7th but what will be the return for his investment?  The only place for the real big money is the Champions League and you can't buy your way into that unless you have a Man City type owner prepared to throw hundreds of millions at it just for fun.  The only way we will enjoy seeing the real potential of the club being developed is with a new owner 

I know its body language territory and everything but Rafa seemed in a bloody good mood in his presser. Hardly like a man who was expecting to up root.

As far as body language goes, I work on the basis of :

Rafa angry - Ashley/Charnley have told him bad news directly.

Rafa happy - Ashley/Charnley have lied to him to make him believe he might get something he wants.

MA does not see us as a football club but as a business who's sole purpose is to make money, not to please a load of supporters.  He could stick in £80 mill  get us up to 7th but what will be the return for his investment?  The only place for the real big money is the Champions League and you can't buy your way into that unless you have a Man City type owner prepared to throw hundreds of millions at it just for fun.  The only way we will enjoy seeing the real potential of the club being developed is with a new owner 

See this is a problem right there. Perception, even among fans, is that HE is investing. He doesn't need to put in a goddamn penny, he can just let the club spend its own income. As he keeps promising to do.

The reality is he regards all the clubs income as his income I guess, and legally I suppose it is. :(

Guest chopey

See this is a problem right there. Perception, even among fans, is that HE is investing. He doesn't need to put in a goddamn penny, he can just let the club spend its own income. As he keeps promising to do.

The reality is he regards all the clubs income as his income I guess, and legally I suppose it is. :(

Exactly, Ashley could have a life of Riley but he is so greedy he wants as much as he can possibly take.

Signing Rondon secures our Premiership statue under Rafa for at least the next 2 seasons and probably next under a new manager. Easiest decision Ashley has to make.

:lol: I wonder what happens.

:lol: should I turn in this winning powerball ticket or take the mystery box???

:lol:

Guest chopey

They really do miss the brief, Rafa has said it so often he wants a project he wants investment in the infrastructure of the club and Ashley just thinks he can fix it with a cash bung.