Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah Celtic fan in my office said he's heard from an ITK that he's going to sign a three-year contract with Celtic.

Would be extremely surprised if this is the case, but yeah. Would be absolutely tragic for a whole host of reasons.

I’d be less upset about that then say, taking over at Wolves for example. I’d be even more upset if Man Utd came in for him. And they very well could once Ole falls flat on his face.

I’d be less upset about that then say, taking over at Wolves for example. I’d be even more upset if Man Utd came in for him. And they very well could once Ole falls flat on his face.

You with think Ole has an airbag considering he's behind the wheel

Guest godzilla

Yeah Celtic fan in my office said he's heard from an ITK that he's going to sign a three-year contract with Celtic.

Would be extremely surprised if this is the case, but yeah. Would be absolutely tragic for a whole host of reasons.

It won't happen as although Celtic are a big club, that league is 1st division standard at best. If he went there then I would certainly lose a lot of respect from him, not that I think he will in a million years mind.

Imagine how bored he'd get at Celtic, man. :lol: Don't think there's a manager less suited to a role like that.

If he's still interested in a project, you couldn't get further away from that goal than Celtic.

Guest chopey

So it looks like Celtic have definitely approached Rafa, which you can't blame them, but I'd be amazed if he went

Interesting that Matt Ritchie is very confident Rafa will stay.

I think the players would be able to see if Rafa was showing signs in the dressing room that he was leaving.

Saying that the meeting with Mike Ashley could easily change his positive mood and make him want to run :lol:

Replace him with Pepe Reina and then we'll get excited

That was my first thought when seeing this after Uncle Bingo’s comments yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Tbf if Rafa did go I probably wouldn't mind Pardew back. At least we know he can work under the conditions imposed by Ashley. Sometimes it's about finding the best match between manager and owner and, in hindsight, we probably had that during those few years. There's a lot worse out there, anyway, would rather him than Wise or Kinnear.

WHAT.

I'd take fucking Souness back ahead of that snake.

Shit, that is a hard choice. Chop off hands or feet...

Definitely feet.

The fact Rodgers would leave them for Leicester is proof enough top managers would prefer a challenge at a second tier Premier League club than win trophy after trophy without even trying.

I'd guess the guaranteed CL qualification if his target is European competition. It would be an amazing thing to win it with them tbf.

I don't really think that's it, but it's the easiest justification that comes to mind if he really does go there.