Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

It's just another example of what makes Rafa a world class manager. Switching to a completely different system and still having the players more organised than the majority of other teams in the league.

He's definitely bought players with flexibility in mind, we have 5 first team quality CB's.

Dummett can play left centre back too.

It'd probably be his strongest position but his distribution would let him down when compared to Schar and Lejeune. They're long range passes are vital in this system and PD doesn't have them in his locker.

It's just another example of what makes Rafa a world class manager. Switching to a completely different system and still having the players more organised than the majority of other teams in the league.

He's definitely bought players with flexibility in mind, we have 5 first team quality CB's.

Dummett can play left centre back too.

In a backs to the walk away game at Man City maybe, but don’t think he could do that role in this system.

The central one seems to be more of the strong, dominant in the air type (like Lascelles or Fernandez) with the outside ones being the ball players. I see Clark more in that description.

Always thought Clark was better on the ball, but felt he's regressed massively since. Just seems a better last ditch tackler and threat from set pieces only :lol:

Still boggles my mind that a few thought he passed his sell-by date and wanted him out.

Dude has everything we could hope for in a manager. Integrity, compassion, obsessive preparation, an OCD level eye for detail, and tactical nous.

It's a mad set of traits to get that ocd level of detail and still be compassionate and engaging. I still don't think the media or elements of them fully understand him.

Still boggles my mind that a few thought he passed his sell-by date and wanted him out.

Dude has everything we could hope for in a manager. Integrity, compassion, obsessive preparation, an OCD level eye for detail, and tactical nous.

It's a mad set of traits to get that ocd level of detail and still be compassionate and engaging. I still don't think the media or elements of them fully understand him.

Guest chopey

Who are we getting in the summer to replace him then?

Charnley ? he's done every other fucking job at the club

Papers tomorrow are saying Carrick is under consideration ... trying to placate the fans with a Geordie when he manages to screw things up. Urgh.

Papers tomorrow are saying Carrick is under consideration ... trying to placate the fans with a Geordie when he manages to screw things up. Urgh.

Man Utd legend? That’ll go down well.

Will miss Rafa. Gonna hate every second of seeing him backed at a better club. More fuel for the "could have/should have" dumpster fire that is supporting this club.

I'm tired of the bipolar reactions of Newcastle fans online. One match these fans think we can finish in the top 10 then yesterday its back to we are still in big trouble to stay up. Its the same for Benitez and the players, people love them one week then want them all sacked or sold for not giving a 10/10 performance even reading the match thread yesterday saying Benitez should change the system because apparently it doesn't work anymore after one bad performance despite the system making us look more balanced recently.

Before some people say "oh so I'm not allowed to criticise the manager or players now I feel like I'm living in North Korea" this isn't about that if there were no critcisims of the manager and players then we would be winning the league every season its about how some fans opinions on the team flip so quickly from victory to defeat. Its never nice to lose, but some fans nickpick s*** to death when we are losing its really frustrating to read. Some fans forget there are two teams playing, there are a lot more teams in this league that have better players than us like West Ham and in Pellegrini have just as good a manager as Benitez so its no surprise if he beats Benitez in a tactical battle.

These type of fans need to accept that when you are down near the bottom of the table then more often than not there are going to be more bad days than good and with Ashley looking like he is not interested in selling the club you will have to get used to it. If a player making a misplaced pass stresses you out so much then maybe its time to support a different team or follow a different sport if you are looking for enjoyment in your life.

I'm tired of the bipolar reactions of Newcastle fans online. One match these fans think we can finish in the top 10 then yesterday its back to we are still in big trouble to stay up. Its the same for Benitez and the players, people love them one week then want them all sacked or sold for not giving a 10/10 performance even reading the match thread yesterday saying Benitez should change the system because apparently it doesn't work anymore after one bad performance despite the system making us look more balanced recently.

Before some people say "oh so I'm not allowed to criticise the manager or players now I feel like I'm living in North Korea" this isn't about that if there were no critcisims of the manager and players then we would be winning the league every season its about how some fans opinions on the team flip so quickly from victory to defeat. Its never nice to lose, but some fans nickpick s*** to death when we are losing its really frustrating to read. Some fans forget there are two teams playing, there are a lot more teams in this league that have better players than us like West Ham and in Pellegrini have just as good a manager as Benitez so its no surprise if he beats Benitez in a tactical battle.

These type of fans need to accept that when you are down near the bottom of the table then more often than not there are going to be more bad days than good and with Ashley looking like he is not interested in selling the club you will have to get used to it. If a player making a misplaced pass stresses you out so much then maybe its time to support a different team or follow a different sport if you are looking for enjoyment in your life.

It's not bi-polar. When we win the positive people have something to say, when we lose the pessimists find their voices. I think the majority are pretty well balanced.

TBH, reactions like yours are no less reactionary.

I dunno, I just get a feeling that he might stay now. Ashley taking the club off for sale might be a signal that he'll release more money like he did that season under McLaren. There's talk that he wants to go back down the route of signing only 25yr old and under, but I don't think Rafa will be that bothered as long as he's given some decent funds to buy younger players. I can see a compromise where Ashley agrees to invest in the academy and training facilities.