Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Sad, but still hope of life after Rafa for NUFC if there's a takeover. He's not the only good manager in world football, and with rich/competent/ambitious owners in charge we'll get a good enough replacement eventually. Maybe even a chance of Rafa being reappointed under the new owners.

If a replacement manager gets appointed under Ashley it means the takeover is dead in the water and Ashley has zero intention of selling.

I actually wouldn't mind Howe, I like him as a manager. Obviously not even close to Rafa though.

and obviously there's not a cat in hells chance the manager of Bournemouth would leave them to come to Mike Ashley's NUFC.

There's more chance of us even trying to get someone like him - but that's still zero chance on its best day.

The one thing that we all universally loved in the whole time he's owned us. The one thing that would have kept us interested, despite the utter shambles. The one thing that's kept us in the premier League the past two seasons and lined his pockets. Gets offered a one year contract and shite terms.

Disgusting wretch of human.

Football clubs should have protected status by law in that no one is allowed to own them for purely commercial purposes and if the owner purposefully hamstrings them from competing properly, he can be removed.

How exactly does Ashley’s ownership benefit the city, fans or club? It’s wrong on so many levels and needs to change.

amen.

'Clubs from China offering £12.5m a year', 'mysterious investment group from the middle east'... all smells of the same shit to me.

All to get rid of Rafa and save face, the slimey thin-skinned cunt.

I'm sure it'll get spun that we weren't offering him a high enough wage so he'll go to China where the megabucks are.

and plenty of people will buy it

Most of the 40 odd thousand who turn up against Arsenal for starters.

'Clubs from China offering £12.5m a year', 'mysterious investment group from the middle east'... all smells of the same shit to me.

How does the 'takeover' save face?  Agree about the China carry on, that's just the start.

How does the 'takeover' save face?  Agree about the China carry on, that's just the start.

To me it's just more excuses, he doesn't ever seem to want to be seen in a bad light. Anything to protect his image, anything to deflect the blame from him. One way or another he's kept the mob at bay for a decade.