Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Boring everyone to tears by arguing against abosolutely fucking no-one. Beyond painful.

It’s a bit weird, like.  Reckon he’s in the shower having made up arguments in his head then gets carried away and comes on here to respond to them.

Beyond stupid!! and for the comical to publish when they blatantly ignore the concerns of those who are worried where the club is headed under the patsies......that rag should be renamed Sports Direct News

Just a way to generate clicks, which is all they want - embed the video in the article and mark it up on social media as "watch the video here".

They did it for the Hibs game last night, posting on Twitter "watch the goals in the live blog" - where the blog just contained embedded tweets from that lad who was filming the stream on his phone.

Steve Bruce handling agent favour signings with the intent of selling them for a profit ASAP to the backdrop of a SD billboard? Absolutely buzzing.

That’s like the reverse image of that Sir Bobby quote about what a club is :lol:

I would have been confident of him winning a cup this season if he was allowed to keep Rondon and allowed to add Willems, Saint Maxim and Joelinton plus one great right back.

His 3-4-2-1 would have looked very good tbh - already well drilled and that extra threat coming in from wing-back as well as the fast paced nature of the counter attacks with Almiron and Saint Maxim would be something he could exploit very well. Rondon would be the perfect foil a la Mista.

Dubrakva

Schar, Lascelles/Fernandez, Lejeune

New RWB, Willems

Longstaff, Hayden/Shelvey

Almiron, Saint Maxim

Rondon / Joelinton

Oh well. A bit like Jim Bowen in Bullseye - have a look at what you could've won...

From Rafa's latest blog:

"There are a couple of things which clearly remind me of Newcastle. The first is the hotel we’re staying in, ‘The Castle’, which reminds me daily of the good times I had in Newcastle and of the ongoing kindness and positivity I received there from the fans, to which I will slightly digress. They appreciated the commitment we had when choosing to stay at Newcastle, and the efforts we made to continue being there, but unfortunately, as they say in England, ‘a leopard can’t change its spots’. A lot of things kept us attached to the club, to the city, and to its fans, but a lack of project as well as unfulfilled promises meant we had to look forwards and follow a different path, as others such as Alan Shearer and Kevin Keegan have done whilst continuing to be supported and to support the team. There’s nothing wrong with thinking about the past, but it’s also important to look to the future. For this reason, all I have left to say is that I truly wish the team and Steve Bruce the best for the following season."

From Rafa's latest blog:

"There are a couple of things which clearly remind me of Newcastle. The first is the hotel we’re staying in, ‘The Castle’, which reminds me daily of the good times I had in Newcastle and of the ongoing kindness and positivity I received there from the fans, to which I will slightly digress. They appreciated the commitment we had when choosing to stay at Newcastle, and the efforts we made to continue being there, but unfortunately, as they say in England, ‘a leopard can’t change its spots’. A lot of things kept us attached to the club, to the city, and to its fans, but a lack of project as well as unfulfilled promises meant we had to look forwards and follow a different path, as others such as Alan Shearer and Kevin Keegan have done whilst continuing to be supported and to support the team. There’s nothing wrong with thinking about the past, but it’s also important to look to the future. For this reason, all I have left to say is that I truly wish the team and Steve Bruce the best for the following season."

:)

Can't believe some have tried to throw this man under the bus. Imagine the excitement this season had Rafa stayed and was allowed to spend on his signs :(

From Rafa's latest blog:

:)

Can't believe some have tried to throw this man under the bus. Imagine the excitement this season had Rafa stayed and was allowed to spend on his signs :(

Saw this section of his blog posted by a Newcastle fans Facebook page.

First comment:

"This the bloke who left us purely for a 150% pay rise?"

Fuck sake.