Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Be nice to just viably have the choice to do more than one style of play rather than needing to be backs to the wall

Been reading alot of ''boring football" jibes about Rafa which seems strange when we were so good second half of last season.

Also nice to have a side that's so well drilled, literally never seen that in all my time as a newcastle united fan.

Rafa with money? You arent seeing the same type of football we saw with Ashley backing.

You wouldnt have labelled Liverpool boring or conservative under him. When necessary sure but there isnt another manager I'd want here. As Rafalove says, he is capable of building a club from the ground up. We dont need someone who won't get the area, fanbase and club. There might be sexier choices but I'd have Rafa back in a heartbeat.

I just can't stand the fucktards who associate Rafa's time here with boring football. Didn't they the type of players that Ashley granted him to buy? The transfer funds he had? We would have gone down in any of Rafa's seasons here with the group of players we had under any other manager trying to play 'front-foot football'.

And they totally forget our current no.9 was rejected by Rafa only to be brought here by the kebab, bacon eating dinosour and see how that one's turned out.

I just can't stand the fucktards who associate Rafa's time here with boring football. Didn't they the type of players that Ashley granted him to buy? The transfer funds he had? We would have gone down in any of Rafa's seasons here with the group of players we had under any other manager trying to play 'front-foot football'.

And they totally forget our current no.9 was rejected by Rafa only to be brought here by the kebab, bacon eating dinosour and see how that one's turned out.

Hopefully if Rafa comes back, all the morons who think he was boring and prefer Bruce can fuck off and make way for all those fans who boycotted because of Ashley.

Rafa coming back with backing would be phenomenal man. Has to happen please.

The guy just gets it and already had such a great understanding of the club and all the folks involved with it.

Would be so special man.

Yeah, his football could be boring. It was frustrating as fuck losing games 1-0 in the final minutes. But you work with what you got. He was still overperforming with that squad and when it worked, it really fucking worked. When Almiron came in, we were starting to see some really fluid, telepathic attacking play. The likes I've been missing since the Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa trifecta.

If there's going to be basically unlimited funds I'd want someone more attacking than Rafa tbh

a rafa team with quality defenders so he can play a 4, plus a torres level striker and world class number 10 would be a sight to behold i reckon

some of the football we played in a short time with almiron/rondon/perez was absolutely lush

I do honestly think he will be Staveley's primary target. He was a huge factor in her negotiations in 2017 and all 3 of her bids were dependent on him staying (I think).

All depends on whether he'd leave Dalian early really, but I do think the new regime will want him.

Would have Rafa back in a heartbeat, would be interesting to see how he buys and sets up a British team when he's actually got decent funds and isn't operating under the conditions of just trying to survive.

How sweet would that taste for him? He must have felt thwarted/a sense of defeat at not being allowed to finish his 'project'.  Or at least have had a sore head from banging it against obstinate Ashley (... which, thinking about it literally, would also be be pretty sweet!).