Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

28 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

don’t worry, you’re playing us in a couple of weeks so all will be rosy then

You should be aiming to win that. Remember when we made you look competent on 2 separate occasions last year?

55 minutes ago, Neil said:

Richarlison now out again for a "number of weeks", won't be seeing him for a while. Townsend and Coleman also picked up knocks, which by our standards means a month out. DCL still out (over 3 months and counting), Allan and Mina re-injured. Digne on the naughty list.

Toxic atmosphere, boardroom carnage, absolute nothingness in terms of any passion or mentality, no discernible money to resolve anything in January.

Other than that things are going well.

swap?

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Richarlison now out again for a "number of weeks", won't be seeing him for a while. Townsend and Coleman also picked up knocks, which by our standards means a month out. DCL still out (over 3 months and counting), Allan and Mina re-injured. Digne on the naughty list.

Toxic atmosphere, boardroom carnage, absolute nothingness in terms of any passion or mentality, no discernible money to resolve anything in January.

Good job the Toon is coming soon.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Any fears whatsoever of relegation?

1 hour ago, Neil said:

They should piss it 3-0 vs. Us then

@Neil I posted in the transfer rumours thread that we should raid Everton because you’re hamstrung FFP wise - someone contemptuously asked “Like who?” before the conversation moved on.

Digne is an obvious one, Doucoure given our circumstances. I was wondering if you fear being raided in January, and who might be most likely to be pinched?

6 hours ago, Raconteur said:

@Neil I posted in the transfer rumours thread that we should raid Everton because you’re hamstrung FFP wise - someone contemptuously asked “Like who?” before the conversation moved on.

Digne is an obvious one, Doucoure given our circumstances. I was wondering if you fear being raided in January, and who might be most likely to be pinched?

Rafa, surely. 

I kid. I kid. (Or maybe I no kid.)

4 minutes ago, tom1988 said:

Would love us to take Ben Godfrey from them but Holgate is probably more realistic, not that I rate him

Godfrey has been turd this season. Like Aarons and Lewis the talent is there but all some way from being reliable. 

14 hours ago, Neil said:

You lot said the same last year and I emphasised how badly we'd been playing before you won 0-2.

It will be a grim game I'm fairly sure of that part.

We prove it time and time again, most recently v Leicester on Sunday, but if you are on a bad run (a team or a centre forward) just wheel out Newcastle and we'll end that for you no problem. Don't think Kane had scored a league goal all season till he played us back in October!

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Godfrey has been turd this season. Like Aarons and Lewis the talent is there but all some way from being reliable. 

They never play Godfrey in his proper position as a CB from what I've seen of Everton

2 hours ago, tom1988 said:

Would love us to take Ben Godfrey from them but Holgate is probably more realistic, not that I rate him

The cunt that stamped on Tomisayu’s face the other week? No thanks- thought he was shite and every time I’ve watched him he’s ran around headless.

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

We prove it time and time again, most recently v Leicester on Sunday, but if you are on a bad run (a team or a centre forward) just wheel out Newcastle and we'll end that for you no problem. Don't think Kane had scored a league goal all season till he played us back in October!

Hasn’t scored since either I don’t think 

36 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It depends on their injury/managerial situation at the time, but at present I'd fancy us to get something from Everton. They're deep in the shit, on and off the pitch.

Wouldn’t fancy us against Darlington based on Sunday. 

Need a massive improvement.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

It depends on their injury/managerial situation at the time, but at present I'd fancy us to get something from Everton. They're deep in the shit, on and off the pitch.

Trouble with that is Rafa knows all of our weaknesses. He knows all about our proneness for individual errors.

5 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Trouble with that is Rafa knows all of our weaknesses. He knows all about our proneness for individual errors.

Not anymore he doesn't....we've been Bruced and got a whole load more he hasn't got a clue about.

Could be advantageous