Newcastle United 2 - 1 Stoke City - 16/09/17 (post match reaction from p21)

Greg

I know highlights are hard to guage but i thought we looked good.  We need to put those chances awsy mind as we are playing on fine margins. Stoke had some decent chances but meh you got to take them like i said.  We just need 31 more points.

Remember Mark Hughes got subbed on for Blackburn at SJP, got a yellow card for not retreating 10 yards for a freekick on the halfway line and got subbed back off.

Also got sent off in that 5-1 game and he took his jacket off and just dropped it to the floor. Can't stand him. Cracking player in his day by all accounts though

He was one of the best back to goal forwards I've seen. Strong little fucker. Scored worldies for fun yet would miss sitters too.

Remember Mark Hughes got subbed on for Blackburn at SJP, got a yellow card for not retreating 10 yards for a freekick on the halfway line and got subbed back off.

Also got sent off in that 5-1 game and he took his jacket off and just dropped it to the floor. Can't stand him. Cracking player in his day by all accounts though

He was one of the best back to goal forwards I've seen. Strong little f***er. Scored worldies for fun yet would miss sitters too.

Was thinking if you did a 5 or 6 a side team of managers currently in a job I wonder if Hughes would be in it.

Struggling to think of a keeper but I'd guess Cannavaro, Koeman, Guardiola, Zidane and Hughes would be a canny team but I'm probably missing someone obvious. Too young to have seen much of Ancelotti as a player

I think he's a complete and utter fraud personally. Fuck knows what that mess of a system he was playing yesterday was supposed to be. Mame Diouf as a fucking wingback [emoji38]

:thup: Think that he's a right cunt like. It's never his fault when his team loses and this whole myth of Stoke playing some sort of tika-taka stuff because he's signed a couple of diminutive attacking midfielders is totally bollocks. Last season he was still playing Glenn Whelan and Jon Walters ffs.

I think he's a complete and utter fraud personally. Fuck knows what that mess of a system he was playing yesterday was supposed to be. Mame Diouf as a fucking wingback [emoji38]

:thup: Think that he's a right cunt like. It's never his fault when his team loses and this whole myth of Stoke playing some sort of tika-taka stuff because he's signed a couple of diminutive attacking midfielders is totally bollocks. Last season he was still playing Glenn Whelan and Jon Walters ffs.

They played a back 3 system in the most boring way possible yesterday. So much possession for the back 3 and little going forward from the wing-backs. He's from the Pards school of thinking he's a modern, progressive manager when the evidence suggests otherwise. At least wankers like Pulis admit they're there to destroy.

Conversely, I have always found interesting that midfielders are so over-represented in management. If you look at Europe's top clubs:

- Atlético (Simeone): midfielder

- Barça (Valverde): forward

- Real Madrid (Zidane): midfielder

- Sevilla (Berizzo): defender

- Man City (Guardiola): midfielder

- ManU (Mourinho): not much of a playing career

- Chelsea (Conte): midfielder

- Spurs (Pochettino): defender

- Liverpool (Klopp): defender/forward (according to wiki, not familiar with his playing career)

- Bayern (Ancelotti): midfielder

- Dortmund (Bosz): midfielder

- PSG (Emery): midfielder

- Juventus (Allegri): midfielder

- Roma (Di Francesco): midfielder

- Napoli (Sarri): no playing career

Rafa was a midfielder too, even if his playing career was pretty unremarkable.

I think he's a complete and utter fraud personally. f*** knows what that mess of a system he was playing yesterday was supposed to be. Mame Diouf as a f***ing wingback [emoji38]

:thup: Think that he's a right c*** like. It's never his fault when his team loses and this whole myth of Stoke playing some sort of tika-taka stuff because he's signed a couple of diminutive attacking midfielders is totally bollocks. Last season he was still playing Glenn Whelan and Jon Walters ffs.

Agree with this, can't stand the man. I hate the way the media goes on about what a good job he's done and how he's changed the way Stoke play. They're still a midtable nothing club as they were under Pulis (who made a far greater impact on Stoke City then Hughes ever will). I'm just glad there weren't any slightly dodgy ref decisions that went against them yesterday or we'd never hear the end of it.

When was the last time Lawro predicted a Liverpool loss? :lol:

Every time I see one of those tables, Liverpool are without defeat.

His predictions had them unbeaten last year iirc.

Already been said but the atmosphere was quality yesterday. Kudos to the singing section at the back of the Gallowgate, they've really bumped the atmosphere up a notch this year. Already buzzing for Liverpool.

I think he's a complete and utter fraud personally. Fuck knows what that mess of a system he was playing yesterday was supposed to be. Mame Diouf as a fucking wingback :lol:

Same here. He talks like he's Alex Ferguson, in reality his teams look like a poor man's version of Tony Pulis. At least Pulis doesn't try and pretend he's anything other than an old fashioned British manager. Nothing wrong with it either if you get the basics right, it's not pretty but it will keep you in the division.

I think he's a complete and utter fraud personally. f*** knows what that mess of a system he was playing yesterday was supposed to be. Mame Diouf as a f***ing wingback :lol:

Same here. He talks like he's Alex Ferguson, in reality his teams look like a poor man's version of Tony Pulis. At least Pulis doesn't try and pretend he's anything other than an old fashioned British manager. Nothing wrong with it either if you get the basics right, it's not pretty but it will keep you in the division.

Yup. Listening to his interview he erms and stutters when talking about the technical side of the game, the same way pardew did. Pseudo-intellectual guff.