Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 24/09/17 (post-match from p25)

Rich

Even Ando and Raisbeck saying the fans had got deluded. c***s.

But no one has said anything, no fans have. It's the media saying it....it's so infuriating  :angry:

This. My Liverpool supporting buddy went off at me for no reason last week saying "you guys think you're all that now, we can't wait to play you!" And I was like 🤔 Every single NUFC fan I know is just focused on staying up. No idea what's wrong with these retarded PL fans. They seem so easily manipulated by the media.

Even Ando and Raisbeck saying the fans had got deluded. c***s.

But no one has said anything, no fans have. It's the media saying it....it's so infuriating  :angry:

This. My Liverpool supporting buddy went off at me for no reason last week saying "you guys think you're all that now, we can't wait to play you!" And I was like 🤔 Every single NUFC fan I know is just focused on staying up. No idea what's wrong with these retarded PL fans. They seem so easily manipulated by the media.

Yep, utter utter divs.

can hemed be retrospectively red-carded for that stamp on yedlin?

That was a bit naughty but I really don't like seeing players getting banned for stuff like that. Same with the Shelvey on Alli one. Surely it's a yellow card because you're not really hurting anyone with stuff like that are you? It's mostly just brainless stupidity.

Can't believe we lost that, off a fucking stupid set piece as well. Absolutely fuming.

They are fucking wank. That was such a good chance to make it 4 games unbeaten, and we lost to them. Liverpool next week is a game that could suit us, but nonetheless a draw would be an extremely valuable point.

Infuriating day.

Lacked quality in the final 3rd, which is disappointing. The likes of Ritchie weren't on their game - Perez non-existant and Atsu flitted in/out. Merino bossed it in midfield - the lad is quality.

However, sitting 8th by now with 3 wins - I think most of us would have settled for that. :)

We were a decent striker away from a point. Not a top four type striker or even a top 6 type. Just a decent one. The fact Ashley won't allow it will cost us in games like this. On the whole i thought we controlled the ball pretty well.

Can't believe that Brighton side beat us, mind.

I thought they were alright. Propper, Knockaert, Gross and March are decent. They'll struggle to score though, like us

They played well, there's no shame in admitting it.

First half was decent, could have been 1-0 up although 1-1 would have been fair too.

Overall a very poor second half. Another 5-10 min and I think we score at least one but can say that about a lot of games.

Atsu was really poor in the second half.

Thought Perez played pretty well.

Would like to see Yedlin getting forward more. I

Like I said earlier, this is gonna be the theme alot this year on the road. We are toothless in the attack if Joselu is gonna miss all these chances. Ayoze provides work rate but he leaves alot to be desired going forward.

Really would love to see it 'click' for Mitrovic when he gets his chance. 

Anyways, its a road loss, and we re-focus and keep grinding. About 1/6 of the way thru the season and we are probably a 1/4 of the way to safety and with the lack of end product at the most key positions in the attack, that is the only goal..safety.

We had a good run and a little bit of optimism was restored, but after that window it was always a case (and still is) of aiming for 16th or 17th and anything else is a bonus. Those 9 points will be massive and we should be fairly hard to bet a home.

Just shows the difference though of showing a bit ambition and paying £18m for a Hernandez or going the cheap option and paying £5m for a cast off.

We had a good run and a little bit of optimism was restored, but after that window it was always a case (and still is) of aiming for 16th or 17th and anything else is a bonus. Those 9 points will be massive and we should be fairly hard to bet a home.

Just shows the difference though of showing a bit ambition and paying £18m for a Hernandez or going the cheap option and paying £5m for a cast off.

Agree with this I thought Joselu was a strange one to be honest with his goal scoring record but that's the fat cunt to blame for that as I bet he was the managers fifth or sixth choice