Newcastle United 1 - 1 Liverpool - 01/10/17 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Greg

Need to come out a little bit more for my liking, but can certainly see the gameplan. They end up with Matip on the ball quite often and he's struggling to create, as you'd expect. Manquillo worries me, if they get Salah in the game more we'll be in bother. They've been the better side, but their goal aside what has Elliot had to really do?

We need more from Perez, Atsu and Joselu. Nothing's sticking when we do have it. I'd be tempted to give Murphy a go in place of Perez given the lack of Mitrovic.

Perez and Joselu have done a good job of stopping the option of a ball to Henderson.

Thought we were poor off the ball and some sloppy defensive play. Lucky to be level really. Liverpool have some class players though.

Agree, our closing down and general lack of blocking off passing lanes has been worrying.

Hopefully it improves because they'll score again otherwise.

How it's level at HT I'll never know. Our forwards have been absolute wank.

They haven't created much really

Rafa's organisation to thank for that. I meant once we went behind it was difficult to see us scoring with our pop gun attack.

Play Shelvey and Merino together often and I think we'll actually be an alright watch. Shelvey's still a great player despite this forum's hatred of him.

Not sure I've noticed that mind. Probably a lot of over-reactions to him being an idiot against Spurs but that was understandable.

:lol: That fucking goal, man.

I get the feeling Shelvey was genuinely offended watching his inch perfect ball get absolutely fucking butchered into the net.

:lol: Shelvey cooked a perfect steak and Joselu put ketchup on it like a motherfucker.

How it's level at HT I'll never know. Our forwards have been absolute wank.

They haven't created much really

Rafa's organisation to thank for that. I meant once we went behind it was difficult to see us scoring with our pop gun attack.

:thup:

[emoji38] That fucking goal, man.

I get the feeling Shelvey was genuinely offended watching his inch perfect ball get absolutely fucking butchered into the net.

[emoji38] Shelvey cooked a perfect steak and Joselu put ketchup on it like a motherfucker.

[emoji38] [emoji38]

:lol: Shelvey cooked a perfect steak and Joselu put ketchup on it like a motherfucker.

:lol:

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

The goalkeeping is bad for their goal it's literally his side

No one likes a good blobby bashing than me, but honestly although he could have done better, that was such a great shot and was in the back of the net before most keepers would react. More upset with him not stopping the Stoke goal, than that one.

:lol: That f***ing goal, man.

I get the feeling Shelvey was genuinely offended watching his inch perfect ball get absolutely f***ing butchered into the net.

Ketchup would have been passable. That shit was custard.

No one likes a good blobby bashing than me, but honestly although he could have done better, that was such a great shot and was in the back of the net before most keepers would react. More upset with him not stopping the Stoke goal, than that one.

:lol: The most perfect analogy I've ever seen.

It was more annoying that no one closed him down and allowed him to take that shot, Blobby was probably the least responsible for that goal tbf

Shelvey is getting a lot of space when we win back the ball. Gayle would be good going in behind

Good shout. The way Liverpool press forward would be ideal for Gayle you would have thought.